[V suggestion] Bergil

Frodo
Ex Council Member

Boder guessed a lot of my thinking behind this card.

We have to remember that Boder is NOT a hobbit. As such, he would be a poor choice in typical hazard-reduction decks... Aragorn, Sam, and Bergil? Aragorn, Fatty, and Bergil? In the typical Aragorn, Sam, Fatty selection, not only can Fatty protect someone, but all of the hobbit-only cards in the deck work efficiently with two of your characters. If you add Bergil, they'd all only work with ONE character... and that's pretty poor efficiency.

I think we've all grown allergic to HL-reducing decks, and perhaps rightly so, but I don't see Bergil as being the best choice for those decks. If I'm wrong, all that would be needed would be a line like "If a warrior is in his company, the hazard limit may not be reduced and he may draw an extra card when his company moves." Hmm, now that I think about it, that's *very* thematic: Bergil is a brave, adventurous soul, after all!

Frodo
Nerdmeetsyou

please keep unneeded long lines from the cards!!!
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Hola,

seldom you hear me here, but even though I do not like Half-characters I use Wose characters (guys with a wose-hold as a home site or who have + DI against Wose factions are wose)

as half-characters if moving in wilderness or borderland's (free-domains are not wooded enough ;)

this is of course introduce by an event card not a generel rule, but still I see possibilties for half characters under special conditions

remember woses are even worse then hobbits, only slightly better prowess and no special cards what so ever

mfg Nicolai
Nerdmeetsyou

but do the wose have an extra race?
aren't they just Man chancters? or am i wrong?

so if not, it is quiet difficult to differentciate them from other characters!
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

it is a nice idea, but there's only 1 wose for heroes, 2 for minion and 3 for fallen, maybe that's a bit thin.

the idea for Bergil would be that either he 's a child and so he likes hanging around with hobbits (so in arda I gave him ability to use hobbit only cards).
Or he's a wannabe captain of the guard imitating his father so he's rash, in which case you would not reduce hl but draw extra card if with warrior...
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Nerdmeetsyou

bergil would also be a good suggestion for a half-character...!!!
marcos
Council Member

BoderHamster wrote:bergil would also be a good suggestion for a half-character...!!!
that is exactly what Joe is suggesting here...

Return to “Showcase”