question about Khamul Unleashed V

Leon

Let me see if I get this straight:

Khamul Unleashed Virtual
If Khamûl the Ringwraith is in play (as your Ringwraith): Fell Rider does not discard or prohibit the play of followers under Khamûl, and your Fell Rider can never be discarded unless Khamûl is removed from play. You may tap this card to play one allowed Ringwraith follower from the discard pile under Khamûl; this card never untaps. You may start the game with up to one copy of this card in lieu of a minor item.

Khamul can play one follower according to his card text, one for of Khamul Unleashed Virtual and of course always Uvatha. This means it is fairly easy for him to make a company of 4 Ringwraiths. With Fell Rider he has 1 DI, and can control 3 Ringwraiths. More is not possible, because you cannot increase his direct influence as Fell Rider.

Also, he is the only one to have the effect from Fell Rider, the others just are in Fell Rider mode as per their card text.

Is this analysis correct?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

you score an A for your mele/Virtuals test. :D

One minor remark, Khamul can control 1 RW for free for being Khamul, and Uvatha for free for being Uvatha, and 1 RW for having 1 DI, but no for KU V, because that only allows him to play one, not control for free. If you can up his DI you can play more guys of course, so you can play Honey on the Tongue, he's still a diplomat, fell rider or no.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Leon

Of course you can increase his DI temporarily, but not permanently, so a 4 Ringwraith company is the practical limit. I am composing sort of a Ringwraith Manual including Virtuals, and wanted to be certain I actually understood the card.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

if the Mouth V gets through (one version of him I think), you can recycle diplomat cards :wink:
At least if you play HotT, you can then get a RW with We Have Come during site phase at a border or ruins, should you be tapped out for some reason, he'll be discarded next turn, but then he's done his business...in fact, KU V doesn't say it needs to be in org phase or in a haven, so you might not even need WHKTK? hmm well the rule still applies then, so I guess not, though you could say card overrides the rule, but the card is unspecific about when and where.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Leon

I think the word "allowed" refers to the normal rules for Ringwraith followers: at a Haven, under DI, during organization phase.

This just makes it one of the cards that allows the play of followers at all, like the normal They Ride Together, The WitchKing ability etc.
Nerdmeetsyou

yeah maybe we should limit that to organistion phase....
or wasn't it meant that way and we just forgot the phrase?
Leon

The only thing the card makes possible is to take a character from the deck instead of hand. It does not overrule anything, unless I am making a huge mistake in judgement.
marcos
Council Member

Leon wrote:The only thing the card makes possible is to take a character from the deck instead of hand. It does not overrule anything, unless I am making a huge mistake in judgement.
that is correct

Return to “Showcase”