Shelob

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Permanent Event
6 MPs
Unique. Spawn. All sites in Imlad Morgul gain an automatic attack -- Spider 1 strike at 18/9. In addition, any company attempting to leave Imlad Morgul must make a roll and subtract the number of non-scouts in the company -- if the result is less than 7, the company must immediately return to its site of origin.
Nerdmeetsyou

what purpose does this card have?
(it seems thematic)
but I lack the expirince to get what it would be for!
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Most of the sites in Imlad Morgul have pathetically easy auto-attacks for Heroes. The original Shelob is good for enhancing a Spider deck, while this one would do a better job of protecting an entryway into Mordor.
Leon

I think the sites in Imlad Morgul are already sufficiently dangerous for heroes and Shelob is already playable there, even from permanent event status. The reasons to move to Mordor are dunking, Tower Raided V, Fate of the Ithil-Stone and The Under-Galleries. Neither of these missions is too easy or cheezy, as far as I see it.

To include the original Shelob for discussion

Shelob
Hazard Creature/permanent event
Unique. Spider. May be played as a hazard creature (with one strike) or as a permanent-event. As a creature, may be played at any site in Imlad Morgul or Gorgoroth. If Doors of Night is in play, Shelob may be played as a permanent-event that gives +1 prowess and +1 strikes to all Spider and Animal attacks. She may opt to attack from a permanent-event state and receive these bonuses, but her attack counts as one against the hazard limit. Discard when Shelob attacks or when Doors of Night leaves play.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Leon wrote:If Doors of Night is in play, Shelob may be played as a permanent-event. Discard when Shelob attacks or when Doors of Night leaves play.
While Shelob is strong, the dependence on Doors is unfortunate.
Nerdmeetsyou

i also don't see the necessary for a new shelob....
at least not one with this effect!
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Of course Shelob doesn't need a new version. But then, neither did Riven Gate. Or Radagast the Tamer. Or Master of Esgaroth. Or Rebuild the Town. Or Open to the Summons. :roll:
Nerdmeetsyou

It wasn't meant that way....

I merely meant, that I don't see why we need the NEW version of it, because i cannot see what strategies to play it against!

can you help me out with this question?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Dunk that picks up the Scroll at any of the easy sites in Imlad Morgul; Minion squatting at Cirith Ungol (she ate orcs just as much if not more than anything else); FW grabbing Last Child through Great Ruse/Double Dealing without having to face an auto-death Spider attack, WK home site squatting to get Last Child.

Return to “Showcase”