the Pukel creature cards

Leon

The card:

Imprisoned and Mocked
text= Playable on a Pukel-Creature attack. One strike of a Pukel-Creature attack attempts to take a hero character prisoner at a shadow-hold [S], dark-hold [D], or the Pukel-deeps. Rescue attacks (2): Pukel-Creature: 3 strikes at 9 prowess, 2 strikes at 10 prowess.
type = Hazard
class = Short-event

I would like to include all the sites where there are pukel-creatures anyway (Glittering Caves, The Stones, Stone-Circle and the Pukel Deeps):

Imprisoned and Mocked
text= Playable on a Pukel-Creature attack. One strike of a Pukel-Creature attack attempts to take a hero character prisoner at a shadow-hold [S], dark-hold [D], or any site with a pukel-creature automatic attack. Rescue attacks (2): Pukel-Creature: 3 strikes at 9 prowess, 2 strikes at 10 prowess.
type = Hazard
class = Short-event
Nerdmeetsyou

I would rather write:

The first successful attack of this creature

instead of just letting it affect one attack...

because if it woudl only affect one strike, it would be pretty crappy....

why restict it to heroes anyway?

also maybe make an alternative effekt...or let it not count against the hazard limit to make it good enough....

here my suggestion:

Playable on a Pukel-Creature attack (does not count against the hazardlimit). The fist successful strike of the attack attempts to take character prisoner at the characters current or new site.
Rescue attacks (2): Pukel-Creature: 3 strikes at 10 prowess
marcos
Council Member

BoderHamster wrote:I would rather write:

The first successful attack of this creature

instead of just letting it affect one attack...

because if it woudl only affect one strike, it would be pretty crappy....

why restict it to heroes anyway?

also maybe make an alternative effekt...or let it not count against the hazard limit to make it good enough....

here my suggestion:

Playable on a Pukel-Creature attack (does not count against the hazardlimit). The fist successful strike of the attack attempts to take character prisoner at the characters current or new site.
Rescue attacks (2): Pukel-Creature: 3 strikes at 10 prowess
if you allow it vs minions it would be rather powerfull, they visit mostly shadow and dark holds, and having all the characters being prisoners is hard...
maybe allow it vs minion covert only...
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

May I just say a big NO on allowing that card to be used vs minions (I'm sure Frodo will agree with me. ;) )

I think yes to the Pukel-Creature auto attack idea, though.
marcos
Council Member

Bandobras Took wrote:May I just say a big NO on allowing that card to be used vs minions (I'm sure Frodo will agree with me. ;) )

I think yes to the Pukel-Creature auto attack idea, though.
not only Joe but i agree with you too :)
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

why would anybody not choose the Pukel-deeps as rescue site? only reason I can think of is if they are there already, which hardly happens. So adding the other sites seems rather moot.

I don't like prisoner cards that transport you all across the map, not thematically nor gamewise. TGYA is nice, but alot harder to pull off than just have Pukelmen attack at shadowhold. I'd rather the character is taken prisoner at the same site, with the rescue attack being pukel, and a V card to boost pukel attacks, that should be sufficient.

we could just add non-detainment attacks, so minions wouldn't have a big problem.

I think a prisoner card is less essential to the pukel strat., first and foremost you'd need a booster and recycler card. But maybe those can be combined also: give a strike +2 prowess, and i.s.o. wounding taking prisoner, then the card is not as useless as boder suggests :wink: At least that would make Watcher a bit more useful.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Thorsten:

The Stones has a Pukel Creature attack, but there is no valid prisoner site as the card currently stands, so this would be unplayable on that auto-attack. If we add the Pukel-Creature auto attack sites, then this card will be effective there and also with Pukel-Men (the hazard Creature) on that side of the Gap of Isen.

Keep in mind that one could only choose the Pukel-Deeps as a rescue site if the company in question was traveling to Dunharrow, The Gem-Deeps, the Pukel-Deeps, or the Sulfur-Deeps. Otherwise it is by rule not allowed.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

well that's the way you read it, I read it: play pukel creature, this card will capture you at a shadowhold etc...
Attacker chooses defending characters. A successful strike doesn't wound the defending character, instead the character is taken prisoner at one of the agent's home sites ...
but if that is the jest of it, then I'm ok with it.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

MEDM Rules wrote: 1. Any restrictions listed on the hazard host must be observed (e.g., it must be a Ruins & Lairs, must have an Orc automatic-attack, etc.).

2. If the hazard host is played on a character moving with region movement, the rescue site must be a site located in a region in which the character was moving or in a region adjacent to a region in which the character was moving.
3. If the hazard host is played on a character moving with starter movement, the rescue site must be located in the region containing the site of origin or the new site.
4. If the hazard host is played on a character not moving, the rescue site must be located in the same region as the character's site.
5. If the hazard host is played on a character moving to a new site that is an adjacent site of an Under-deeps site, the rescue site can be that Under-deeps site.
6. If a rescue site is not available within these rules, the hazard host cannot be played!
To Get You Away specifically overrides these rules:
Tap an agent at target company's new site. Agent may attack (not counting against hazard limit) during the movement/hazard phase. Attacker chooses defending characters. A successful strike doesn't wound the defending character, instead the character is taken prisoner at one of the agent's home sites of the attacker's choice (regardless of site's location) and the agent returns to the same site.
Leon

You are right, Brandobras. One of the reasons that I suggested including sites with pukel-creature auto's is that otherwise it is hardly possible to take prisoners with Pukel-Men, since there are no shadowholds or darkholds in the southwest.

If you manage to take anyone prisoner at the Pukel-Deeps, that is very impressive.
Leon

The other Pukel creature card is too strong and too limited at the same time. A 3 card combo is annoying, especially since there are only 2 Pukel Creatures. I think some changes are necessary here.

I would prefer one short event and/or one permanent event to make Pukel stronger and perhaps a special card, like prisoner / movement stop etc.
Leon

current version

No Way Forward
text= Playable on a Pukel-Creature hazard creature attack. If any Pukel-Creature strike succeeds, the defending character may do nothing during the site phase. Alternatively, Unabated in Malice can be played on a Pukel-Creature attack.
type = Hazard
class = Short-event

first suggestion:

No Way Forward
text= If any Pukel-Creature strike succeeds, the defending character may do nothing during the site phase. Alternatively, discard this card to play Unabated in Malice on a Pukel-Creature attack.
type = Hazard
class = Permanent-event.

pro: better card management, but not complicated
contra: perhaps too strong, but lets playtest
marcos
Council Member

your new version is way better than the old one. As a permanent event like you said, it help card management by just throwing it to the table and causing almost the same effect than the old one... Being a short event it has a little drawback, it can clog your hand. I dont see any drawback on the permanent event version...

Still, i think it can be tested :lol:
Nerdmeetsyou

also like the permanent event version better.... and it also affects minions... so it will be even maybe played....
because against heros, puckel creatures rarely see play, because their playablity is so limited!
Nerdmeetsyou

also like the permanent event version better.... and it also affects minions... so it will be even maybe played....
because against heros, puckel creatures rarely see play, because their playablity is so limited!

Return to “Showcase”