Heros wizards : level problem

Nerdmeetsyou

maybe make it an untap ability instead....

it makes mainly the same thing for saruman, but is more vestile.... and doesn't sound strange...because it doesn't give saruman an abiliity he NEARLY already has.
but it needs a play restriction, because otherwise it will be played on him ANYWAYS... and there is NO reason to NOT play it in sideboard!

maybe this version:

The White Wizard
Playable if your wizard is at his homesite and the site is tapped.
He must have secrifice of form or be Saruman to play this card on him.
This card may be played directly from the sideboard, if you are a Hero player.
Tap this card, to untap your wizard.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Yet another Wizard untapper slices through the entire intent of the Virtual Eye of Sauron, unfortunately . . .
marcos
Council Member

that is what i want a card wich is Saruman only, helping him to cover his weakness
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Gift Of Comprehension
Permanent Event
May not be played by a Fallen Wizard. Playable on Saruman. Saruman need not tap to use the abilities on his card. Discard this card to prevent Saruman from being returned to his site of origin.

Gives him an edge against Skin-changers, but will not protect the whole company -- just Saruman. Makes his abilities more useful in an active setting without introducing all the problems of an untapper.
marcos
Council Member

Bandobras Took wrote:Gift Of Comprehension
Permanent Event
May not be played by a Fallen Wizard. Playable on Saruman. Saruman need not tap to use the abilities on his card. Discard this card to prevent Saruman from being returned to his site of origin.

Gives him an edge against Skin-changers, but will not protect the whole company -- just Saruman. Makes his abilities more useful in an active setting without introducing all the problems of an untapper.
very nice one
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

Ben awesome,

these card make we wish I had you more within my DC team ;)

Nicolai
Leon

I would make the abilities usable once per turn or when you tap the card.
marcos
Council Member

Leon wrote:I would make the abilities usable once per turn or when you tap the card.
Gift Of Comprehension
Permanent Event
May not be played by a Fallen Wizard. Playable on Saruman. Tap this card to prevent Saruman from tapping to use the abilities on his card. Discard this card to prevent Saruman from being returned to his site of origin.

:)
Nerdmeetsyou

I realy love the new suggestion from bandobras...

but that last suggestion by macros sounds easy to confuse players....

maybe just go with an more elegant version that accomplishs mostly the same thing:

Gift Of Comprehension
Permanent Event
May not be played by a Fallen Wizard. Playable on Saruman. Saruman need not tap to use the abilities on his card, but can only use all of them once each turn. Discard this card to prevent Saruman from being returned to his site of origin.
marcos
Council Member

i don't see what is the confusive part of my suggestion, tap the card instead of saruman, that is it
Nerdmeetsyou

I think it is unelegant to tap a card to allow you, NOT to tap another card... sounds strange...

and I also think it is uncleare if you can use BOTH abilities... or just one of them and you have to choose which one.
marcos
Council Member

you declare you use one ability, so saruman should tap at resolution, but instead, you tap gift of comprehension.

i dont see any irregularity on that. What does the other think?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Palantiri have to be tapped anyway to be used.

Saruman's ability only allows him to take one spell card at the beginning of the end-of-turn phase.

In other words, the abilities are already inherently once per turn, unless you've got Saruman bearing two or three Palantiri, which carries its own set of special problems, anyway. ;)

I therefore see no particular need to make a once/turn mechanism for the card.
Nerdmeetsyou

so in the end bandobras proves that his card was perfect already... no place to tinker for us at all...*G*
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Hmm, shall I put my Snowstorms on my trade-list then? I don't like the general protection against returning to site of origin.
Recycle a spell each turn? No, I would be loathe also to do that, basically he gains +6 di or his company gets +2 prowess then, well that might indeed help against BSC.... :wink:

the old First of the Order V proposal, tap/wound a char to untap Sar, was funnier and less overpowered. Or indeed as once suggested, tap Saruman for his spell grabber during org phase. To grab a spell without tapping is rather good. Even for the Wizard's Staff you have to tap...a new Staff would be very cool though, but what to do with the 3 mp?

Gift could be a funny card for virtualising for Saruman though, that's nice. And the not tapping for the palantir is also nice, why you need to tap both palantir and character is beyond me, ok he can sit in White Towers with Elostirion all day removing corruption, that would be funny, thematically.

I don't share the analisis that Saruman is so weak because of BSC, but if that is indeed a staple hazard still in competitive play, and I admit I haven't played that in over 5 years because of boredom with it, then there must be another general counter, not a saruman specific. First of the Order also gives Saruman a cc boost, you can even give a warrior a magic ring of courage for extra prowess to stay untapped, and protect him with FotO....
if Saruman (regular) is weak, it's because the other wizards are better. But his home site is quite good and I often play him for that reason alone, and his spell ability is also very good, just learn how to use it. Mind you, there will always be 1 wizard least favoured....
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.

Return to “Showcase”