V (name???)

marcos
Council Member

This suggestion came from the topic about hero wizards:

V (name???)
Warrior ally
P/B: 5/6
Unique. Playable only by Saruman at Isengard whether the site is tapped or untapped. Tap this ally during the end of turn phase to untap Saruman. When Saruman enters play, you may bring this card from your discard pile into your hand.

wich card could go well with it?
Nerdmeetsyou

maybe make it limited to non-fallen wizard???

Maybe make it Roc the Raven...
he needs a new version anyways....!

but then lower power... maybe with another additonal ability???
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I wouldn't mind a generic Hero-Only Warrior Ally playable at Ruins & Lairs -- Saruman only seems a bit over the top.

Eagle-Mounts
1 MP Warrior Ally
2 Mind
6 Prowess/7 Body
Playable by a Wizard at a Ruins & Lairs. A Diplomat may make an influence check (without tapping) against this card if it is in your discard pile -- if the result is greater than 10, bring this card to your hand. May not be duplicated by a given player.

• 2 Mind, so Fallen Radagast can't get them easily
• 5 Prowess is the minimum for Skin-changers, but more survivability is needed or they will end up tapped anyway
• Ruins & Lairs means that Hero Saruman can come in at his home site and play them, while all other wizards would have to move.
• Diplomat to fetch from discard indirectly boosts Saruman without limiting it to him.
marcos
Council Member

Bandobras Took wrote:I wouldn't mind a generic Hero-Only Warrior Ally playable at Ruins & Lairs -- Saruman only seems a bit over the top.

Eagle-Mounts
1 MP Warrior Ally
2 Mind
6 Prowess/7 Body
Playable by a Wizard at a Ruins & Lairs. A Diplomat may make an influence check (without tapping) against this card if it is in your discard pile -- if the result is greater than 10, bring this card to your hand. May not be duplicated by a given player.

• 2 Mind, so Fallen Radagast can't get them easily
• 5 Prowess is the minimum for Skin-changers, but more survivability is needed or they will end up tapped anyway
• Ruins & Lairs means that Hero Saruman can come in at his home site and play them, while all other wizards would have to move.
• Diplomat to fetch from discard indirectly boosts Saruman without limiting it to him.
umm if this one is over the top, then why we ever created V shadowfax? :P
is he over the top as well? I'd say no, and it helps to cover the weaknesses of gandalf as this one covers saruman's.

Other than that, i liked ben's suggestion :lol:
Nerdmeetsyou

yeah, like that one better!

but still i would like a special restriction clause for Hero-only!

Sorry to bother again, but why is it less useable by Fallen-Radagast if his Mind is 2....????

Why not use Gwahir for that????
(I never saw him played also)

here an idear for the wording, that I think is more elegant...

Eagle-Mounts
1 MP Warrior Ally
2 Mind
6 Prowess/7 Body
Playable by a Hero-Wizard at a Ruins & Lairs.
May also be played from the discard pile if the wizard is a Diplomat.
If played from discard, a successful influence check against this card with an result greather than 10 is needed. If unsuccessful, the wizard an the site are still tapped.
May not be duplicated by a given player.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

As a disclaimer, I had no part in the Virtual Shadowfax. :)

On the other hand

1) Rivers are harder to deal with than Skin-Changers; and
2) Gandalf and Shadowfax working together is greatly thematic.

Boder:
Glove of Radagast only works on allies with 1 mind.

Gwaihir is 2 MPs at 4/8 at an easily accessible site. I see him in more than a few hero decks.
Nerdmeetsyou

okay... i thought gwahir had movement restrictions???
sorry about that...he is actualy quiet okay...
and I just never used him, because unfortunatly I don't have one...*G*
(I should get one or two for some of my fun decks...)
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Eagles in legue with Saruman? crazyness.
Ranger ability is more alround, needed for dealing with all kinds of roadblock, and indeed as Bandobras says, Fax with Gandalf is thematic.

What a warrior ally (prowess >4) would add is unclear, all this trouble to defend against the BSC I think is overreacting. Adding a strong warrior ally that can move anywhere, is easily playable and/or grabbed from deck, plays risky's and lucky's and does not count towards hl, has far more effect on the game then BSC deserves. I'd rather see something like the dc Bears of Carrock card. Why not change Beornings faction then? "Beornings V: tap faction and make a roll (+5 if Gates in play), if greater than 7 BSC has no effect against your companies this turn and you may take 1 Twice Baked Cakes from discard pile. " Or something like that. :wink:
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
marcos
Council Member

i guess that Ben's Gift of comprehension V is what we needed, no more no less
Nerdmeetsyou

maybe the idear of making a new beorn faction is not that bad... one that protects you from Beorn skin changers....

the main reason is, that finaly all those people who hat beorn skin changers that much, can play something against it...
but something that won't be to powerful on it's own...
because you have to "waste" a turn, for only a 2 MP faction... instead of getting one for 3 which is nearly as easily than getting Beronings.

Return to “Showcase”