Virtual Card Discussion and Playtesting

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I thought it was "Playable on the Ettenmoors" or "Playable on the Worthy Hills". :)
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Regarding Fate of the Ithil Stone:

The roll>14 seems far too easy for such a long-term effect.

Saruman comes into play at Isengard, gets the Palantir of Orthanc, rolls greater than a 2, and a Minion player's hand size is reduced by 1 for the rest of the game and the hazard limit is increased by 1 for all their companies?
Jambo

Yes, maybe there can be a "patch" for this in the future, as it's possibly too late to modify now since Brian has all final images and he's created the xml.

Possible thoughts for this card:

*>16 roll required.

*Only effects a RW in a Darkhaven.

*A successful roll would award a +2 to cc's for that character using that Palantir (the inverted card would be placed with the character). The upshot of this is that killing this character would result in the inverted card being discarded thereby restoring their opponent's hand size/HL to normal.

Wording this could be tricky in the small space available. :)
miguel
Ex NetRep

Regarding Half an Eye Open and The Nazgul Are Abroad:

(1) The last sentence should prolly say "card" instead of "hazard", as there is no way for opponent to know if any of the cards under HaEO or TNAA are actually hazards...

(2) You (or me ;)) could abuse the cards by just putting 6x3 unnecessary cards under them, and thus getting a seriously reduced playdeck after the 1st exhaust. Needless to say this is very strong, as you will draw the cards you want really fast, and get to sb over new ones again very soon. This can be avoided by making HaEO/TNAA get discarded when any playdeck exhausts.
Jambo

I've put these suggestions to Joe for inclusion in the imminent image set. I suggested a roll of >16 for the Palantir.

Cheers
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I've put together a Virtual Dwar Deck and am wondering if Dwar's company is limited to 4 regions/turn. Currently the card says he may move an extra region per wolf faction/2 wolf allies, but nothing about a maximum.
Jambo

The card says he can move 1 region plus 1 for every Wolf faction and every 2 Wolf allies in play. There are 3 wolf factions and 7 wolf allies in total. That would equal 7 regions and this matches the maximum prowess bonus of 7. So I would assume there's no maximum on the region movement.
Frodo
Ex Council Member

There's no maximum on Dwar. Realistically, he will move up to 7, but in terms of absolute limits, he can move up to 10, because the unleashed card only says allies and factions "in play", and the opponent MIGHT have 6 wolf allies under his control...

I'd love to see your Dwar deck! Play sometime? (You should use that spell that makes wolf allies bigger for extra theme...)

Miguel (regarding Half and Eye and Nazgul are Abroad): Wow, thanks for thinking ahead on this one. I'm incorporating all your suggestions.

Half An Eye Open/Nazgul Are Abroad:
(Add) "Discard if there are no cards with it... or when any playdeck is exhausted."

Fate of the Ithil Stone: okay, let's go with >16 for the roll required.

Anduril: I also want to change this card so that you tap Narsil for its creature return effect, not Anduril. It always bothered me that you tap the perm event and not the item for the old Anduril, and this makes a combo now possible with the sage event that untaps items. So effective immediately, that's what is says.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. This is how change happens, and I'm certaining paying attention.

Frodo
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Frodo wrote: I'd love to see your Dwar deck! Play sometime? (You should use that spell that makes wolf allies bigger for extra theme...)
You're never on GCCG when I am -- I've managed some games against Jambo and Zarathustra (and, true to form, lost horribly -- Virtual Cards don't suddenly make winners. :) ).
Jambo

Regarding Khamul and his Virtual Unleashed card, does a Ringwraith follower in his company also benefit from the bonus to prowess and penalty to DI as stated on the Fell Rider card?
Jambo

Some thoughts in my game vs Ringbearer (Bert). He was using Terror Heralds Doom played after Riven Gate and we both thought that THD might be worthy of giving 1 MP. It's fairly hard to play and consumes at least 2 card space in the play deck.
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Regarding Khamul and his Virtual Unleashed card, does a Ringwraith follower in his company also benefit from the bonus to prowess and penalty to DI as stated on the Fell Rider card?
No, Fell Rider's literal text still applies: the bonuses are only to "your RW."

However, if the RW follower has text giving him a bonus or negative for being in a mode such as Fell Rider, that would kick in, I think, since the whole company is considered in a mode (like Ren the RW when he's in Heralded Mode).

Wow, Bert was playing Terror Heralds Doom? Can you give more details--did he successfully move to a haven and play Smoke? Did he use Untimely Whisper?

Frodo
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

See my decklist as what I was using. Modified it a bit for some extra speed.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Frodo
Ex Council Member

Um... but where's your decklist?

:roll:

Frodo
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I think it's King Khamul -- different topic.

Return to “Showcase”