Aware of their ways V

marcos
Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:I like 3, cause it doesn't affect speed too much, reserving own hazards increases speed tremendously (whether with a resource or a hazard) which favours decks that need only a few cards to win. Manipulating opponent's cards is tricky though, you can effectively deny him the use of a hazard for the entire game by just letting it rot on there. Ok there's Marvels, and Great Secrets does the same. Well, worth a try.
Remember that now we are talking about a resource, so marvels won't discard it. Anyways, in order to get a hazard with nr.3 propossal, your opponent needs to use it at least once, or it should have been discarded, this propossal differs from Great Secrets because it looks into opponent's discard pile and not into his deck.
Thorsten the Traveller wrote:nr. 1 has a pretty significant drawback, so it might scare people enough out of using it frequently, but that at the same time is not what you design for.
Which drawback? The Saruman Thing?
Thorsten the Traveller wrote:nr. 2 I don't really get, I suppose the same effect (discarding to cancel) still applies? Or you mean it can't be played by any player? Well the latter I don't like it's too disruptive and can have far-reaching effects.
It doesn't have a discarding effect, that card can't be played by any player. So if you want to avoid rivers, you can't play them yourself either.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

just a few clarifications.
-2/-4 GI is a significant drawback to any deck, no? opens you up to more Calls of Home etc.

Great Secrets does the same in taking a card out of cycle, is what I meant. But I know most of you people don't think in cycles :wink: .
Well if a resource it's actually more definite as there's no way to get it back. I know original AotW does same, but to far lesser extend.

Well if you play a ring deck and exclude Rolled Down, that has rather far reaching consequences. Not sure the banning stuff is nice for the game.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
marcos
Council Member

yeah right, i forgot to add non-unique to all of them :lol:
Nerdmeetsyou

I believe the main problem with most versions of this card seems to be, that they mainly won't be used for their intended purpose...

Return to “Showcase”