Drughu V?

Nariam

Hi folks

As the meccg.net forum doesn't seem very active anymore, I'll try this here once again.

I think Drughu is in desperate need of a virtual remake, as it is NOT playable. It could be such a cool theme card though, and the artwork is very nice!

Here's a suggestion:

Drughu - Hero Resource Permanent Event

Playable if you have a wose faction in play. You may tap any of your wose factions at the end of the organization phase, if one of your companies contains either a diplomat or a character with Drúadan forest as its home site, and starts its movement at the site where the faction is playable.

For the purposes of hazard play, target company is considered not moving through the region that contains the site where the faction is playable, until the end of turn. Target company's hazard limit is reduced by two (to a minimum of two). If you have two or more Wose factions in play, each Wose faction is worth an additional marshalling point. Cannot be duplicated by a given player. May also be used as a minion resource.

Alternatives:
- make it "short event or permanent event" instead. The short event to be played in the organization phase, lasting until the end of turn; and the permant event for the second part ("cannot be duplicated as a permanent event"). Would make the card a bit less strong as you have to bring two of them out to serve both functions.

- HL -1 only, if you think it's too strong

- To make it more versatile: Tap a wose faction if such a company moves through their region, to cancel an attack (not keyed to a site) against that company OR to lower their HL by 1.

What do you think? Bandobras, still interested? :D Other thoughts?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Playable On A Wose Faction you have in play. Tap this card to reduce the hazard limit by one against a company whose site path contains any of the following Regions: Anorien, Rohan, Gap of Isen, Old Pukel-Land, Old Pukel Gap, Enedhwaith. Cannot be duplicated on a given faction.

Cardolan is already a gold mine, and a relatively safe one; Drughu shouldn't be helping out companies there (Worthy Hills). A hazard reduction effective at any time is actually pretty strong, and I hate overly wordy multiple option cards, so I'd leave it at that. Thematics for the other regions.

I'll now go ponder a deck that combines R & L raiding with Drughu+Enduring Tales . . . :)
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Bandobras wrote:
and I hate overly wordy multiple option cards
You must looove dreamcards then :lol:

Well, what is the main objective here, see more Wose factions and characters in play? Does it have to be thematic? The original Drughy is crappy, but you can indeed use it in all kinds of decks, that's an aspect I like about it. Adding simply MP's to factions is not exciting new strategy imo. HL reduction can benefit Woses, it's nice theme also, but also Rohan/Anorien squatters and Saruman FW mainly.

The original idea wasn't bad, except it sucks in cardmanagement (and theme is a bit weird as Minas Tirith was hardly a Ruins). Perhaps we can draw on that.

Tap a Wose in a moving company to replace the company's new site with a site in the same or an adjacent region. Something like a general Farmer Maggot. Hazard can fizzle, Rivers are gone, you can move an extra region, how's that for a ranger ability?
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I like Thorsten's idea, as well. :)
marcos
Council Member

i like the idea of another kind of Farmer Maggot card :)
Nariam

Thorsten the Traveller wrote: Tap a Wose in a moving company to replace the company's new site with a site in the same or an adjacent region.
Yes! much better than my idea, i like farmer maggot a lot, too! :) Except, I'd love to include the factions also, to make it even more true to the theme.

What about:

If a company contains a diplomat or a Wose and is moving through a region where you have a wose faction in play, you may replace the company's new site with a site in the same or an adjacent region. Alternatively, tap a Wose in a moving company (regardless of the regions they travel through) for the same effect.

What do you think? :D
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Tap a Wose in a moving company to replace the company's new site with a site in the same or an adjacent region. Alternatively, one of your companies moving through a region where one of your Wose factions is located may tap the faction to replace their new site with a site in the Wose faction's region.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Sure, why not? But keep in mind that the use for the faction will be alot less, as you will mostly play this in response (except for the movement-enhancer part), so it works best for regions where similar types of resources are located, and this is not the case for Anorien and Old Pukel-gap, even Cardolan is tricky to use. So this would just work as an insurance card if you have multiple resources in hand and/or multiple companies in the same region.

All in all the faction use promotes tight resource decks (moving in close areas).
Not to mention you can't start a faction :wink:
Also you can't tap a faction currently, so there is no defence against it.

btw. Ben, a word about your motto, I just noticed: NetRep rulings are always correct. Cause if there were incorrect, they should be corrected. To introduce a double standard for truth/correctness is not a good way imo (even if I often disagree with rulings). If we don't believe the judges, they are useless, it's all or nothing.
Nariam

@Bandobras: I see your point that my suggestion wasn't very well thought through thematically. However, I agree with Torsten that your suggestion makes the faction use too limited; what about this slight modification?
Bandobras Took wrote:Tap a Wose in a moving company to replace the company's new site with a site in the same or an adjacent region. Alternatively, one of your companies that contains a diplomat or a Wose and moves through a region where one of your Wose factions is located may tap the faction to replace their new site with a site in the Wose faction's region or an adjacent region.
italics mine.
The Woses could lead them to an adjacent region to their home site, don't you think so? Also, I'd just love to leave the Diplomat requirement in there, as it makes thematic sense (and Diplomats are cool :D )
marcos
Council Member

i would drop the first sentence completely, and leave it like this:
one of your companies that contains a diplomat or a Wose and moves through a region where one of your Wose factions is located may tap the faction to replace their new site with a site in the Wose faction's region or an adjacent region.
Nariam

^that sounds good for me, too. A bit less strong than with the first alternative, but still ok as no char needs to tap and the adjacent region is included. That makes for a total of 16 regions so accessible. The theme fits perfectly as well. :D
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Making it faction dependent will reduce the use significantly, to the point where it becomes a sideboard card probably.
marcos
Council Member

but making it dependant on a character will make it too strong. That's why Maggot is Unique, it has to have a drawback
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Ghan bur Ghan is also unique, and has 2 prowess, try keep him untapped :wink:
marcos
Council Member

ghan can be a starting character, farmer maggot can't be starting. That's a big difference, and i dont find much trouble on keeping him untapped, just give him a cram and use a healing herbs as the second starting item in case he gets wounded, besides all the cancellers and stuff to protect him

Return to “Showcase”