Drughu V?

Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Of course you can start him, that was the whole point (or in the words of Frodo: we want to see the Ghan!), that doesn't mean it's like starting with Maggot, still need to draw Drughu.
Also Maggot can be used on AA's or on-guard creatures, this one can't.

Yes it would be good, but Ghan would be prime target (he already is), you need to use/waste supporter cards, and still it will mostly work for finetuned resource decks and/or if you have multiple mp sources in hand. If you move to a site with same site type, the hazard doesn't fizzle I suppose?

FW's can use only 2 Drughu's.
Can even add "remove from game."
I just think for the faction use I would probably not bother, or play it just from sb.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
marcos
Council Member

Tap a Wose in a moving company to replace the company's new site with a site in the same or an adjacent region. Alternatively, one of your companies that contains a diplomat or a Wose and moves through a region where one of your Wose factions is located may tap the faction to replace their new site with a site in the Wose faction's region or an adjacent region.
Also Maggot can be used on AA's or on-guard creatures, this one can't.
this one is even better, because you don't even need to be facing an attack.

It would definetly be in all my Eriador decks, since it doesn't event have region restriction, you can be "teleported" to any site, adjacent to where you are moving. On the other hand, Wose characters will see more play...
Nariam

Hmm... I was thinking that the faction only use would make this a sideboard only card, too. However, I also see marcos' point that with the character use, it might be overpowered, I'm not sure though. Do you guys have suggestions how to balance it better? Here's some of mine:

- include a roll in the character use: "Tap a wose in a moving company and make a roll, adding +2 for every wose in the company. If the result is greater than 6, you may exchange the company's new site with any site in the same or an adjacent region."

- make the character use different. (tap a wose in a moving company for some other effect. possibilities: 1. roadblock cancel (like promptings, but short-event and no corruption. 2. HL-1, no minimum. 3. opponent may only play creatures keyed to the site., or 4. a more original idea)
marcos
Council Member

or a mix between both :)

make a roll:

Result: 2,3,4 - opponent may only play creatures keyed to the site.
Result: 5,6,7,8 - Roadblock cancelling
Result: 9,10,11,12 - HL-1, no minimum.

But this would probably cramp the card too much, tough the idea is original :D
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Why would "teleporting" all the time be so great ?
creature keyed to region will still get through, Farmer cancels the attack, this one doesn't.
creature keyed to site will only not get through if you change to a different site type
more creature types can possibly be played, thus helping opponent
teleporting will do you little good if you got nothing to play there; safer but losing a turn
a general canceller like concealment is also a 1 char tap 1 slot. Only dodging Assassins/Slayers is the bonus.

teleporting without facing a hazard only works to move an extra region, not so bad imo
or if you have nothing in hand and luckily draw into something that's close by, not so bad either imo

the great advantage would be to dodge on-guards and to dodge hazards played on a site, like River. Not so bad either imo.
dodging agents who just moved there could also be useful, though he'd have to be revealed to know it.

Ghan is the only Wose for non FW use, you might easily bounce him in V-games.

A roll's randomizer could diminish the use indeed. If you have 3 slots in deck and you want 1/3 to fail, the roll should be >5.
marcos
Council Member

because you could do a very safe movement between lets say rivendell and ettenmoors, using short rest you draw a lot of cards, and end your turn in carn dum playing a great item, or bree for rangers or old forest for tom, etc...
Nariam

What about excluding certain regions then?
Tap a Wose in a moving company to replace the company's new site with a site in the same or an adjacent region. None of both sites may be in Angmar, Gunabad, Grey Monuntain Narrows, Withered Heath, Iron Hills, Nurn, Gorgoroth, Udûn, Imlad Morgul, or any Coastal Sea. Alternatively, one of your companies that contains a diplomat or a Wose and moves through a region where one of your Wose factions is located may tap the faction to replace their new site with a site in the Wose faction's region or an adjacent region.
That's not the most elegant wording, but it's thematically sound as the Woses aren't Mountaineers nor Seafarers. Any more regions? :wink:

@ marco: the Carn Dûm use would be canceled, and the other uses you stated aren't much better than farmer maggot. Sure, it's non-unique at not depending on an attack, but keep in mind that you have to include a 5-mind, weak character without the pros of a hobbit. Also, as you can always play Farmer and wait for it to be used, Drughu has to be kept in hand until use.

On another note, I first thought that the powerful part is that you can wait for your opponent to use up your HL, THEN change site. However, it'll be hard to keep Ghan untapped so long. So the card gains this strength really only after you have played a faction.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Since you won't be returning to Rivendell I assume (who plays Great Road anyway?), you can do that trick once, and prolly just on your first turn. If you do it later on the site path hardly changes, and if you wait until end of m/h phase Ghan will be tapped or killed by Cave-drakes.

Nevertheless, it could be easily fixed saying it must be played in response to an attack. You move to Ettenmoors, opponent plays zilch, you stuck there :wink:
of course then the River circumvention stops to work, but at least you'll have a ranger untapped.
Or indeed move to a site not in a SL/DD, would thematically fit also.
marcos
Council Member

the rivendell thing was just an example of the movement you could do, and how to take advantage of the card. Of course you won't be probably returning to rivendell, but what i mean is that you can always move with just 1 region, draw a buttload of cards and then end the turn at any site that fits you better.

anyways, i like the idea of:
Or indeed move to a site not in a SL/DD, would thematically fit also.
Nariam

Thorsten the Traveller wrote: Or indeed move to a site not in a SL/DD, would thematically fit also.
Yeah, I like that too, also makes for a better wording. What about the coastal seas? I would tend to exclude those, too. The reason I was first counting out all those regions was that I would like it to work in Southern Mirkwood, again for thematic purposes (well it's dark, but it's still a wood. :wink: ) So what about
Tap a Wose in a moving company to replace the company's new site with a site in the same or an adjacent region. Both sites must not be in a Coastal Sea, Shadow Land or Dark Domain except Southern Mirkwood. Alternatively, one of your companies that contains a diplomat or a Wose and moves through a region where one of your Wose factions is located, may tap the faction to replace their new site with a site in the Wose faction's region or an adjacent region.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Well, Marcos made a point I had not thought of before, that you would intentionally move to a wrong site only to change afterwards to the right site. So an attack clause would work better imo.
I would not complicate the card with naming regions either. And I doubt a Wose would guide you to Southern Mirkwood :wink:
adding non-Coastal is a good idea.
marcos
Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:Well, Marcos made a point I had not thought of before, that you would intentionally move to a wrong site only to change afterwards to the right site. So an attack clause would work better imo.
I would not complicate the card with naming regions either. And I doubt a Wose would guide you to Southern Mirkwood :wink:
adding non-Coastal is a good idea.
aye
dirhaval

The MECCG card idea was to boost CvCC prowess.

How about keep everything as is but make it a permanent-event
coming into play tapped. With cost of discarding during your Long-event phase if tapped, which
means you can untap it during the organization phase by tapping a ranger in the company (pleading so the woses to stay) or
discarding a ranger at that time to keep it in play.

Who says that Theoden had to leave the Woses behind? He could of said
the host in the Pelannor Fields are just actors in masks? Ghan would have pulled up a barked lawn-chair and watched?

...This event comes into play tapped. Discard during your Long-event phase if tapped. Untap this card during
your organization phase if you tap a ranger, discard a ranger from hand, or company contains a unique Wose character.

This leaves your vulnerable to Wilderness creatures and being suckered yourself into Ruins CvCC.

Return to “Showcase”