V-Card Tournament at the Lure

Nerdmeetsyou

I know that every year till now the V-card tournament had been a disaster at Lure... (as not enough people showed up for it EVER)

So I hoped we might be able to hold one this year. The only requirement would be 6 people who would take part in it.
Starting with me (Dominik) and the Guy I'm traveling to the Lure with (Christoph). We would be two already. So we would need 4 others who would be willing to play a V-card tournament.

Rules:
I thought we shouldn't make it mandatory to have any certain number of V-cards in your deck. If anybody wants to only use a single one, why should we force him to use more!
Also if anybody just wants to show up with a normal deck to check out some v-strategies by playing against them... that should be fine to or?
What do you guys think?

Also an additional idea would be to provide preconstructed decks for certain new strategies. So people interested could join up easily without having the barrier to bring a deck! (I believe the existence of preconstructed decks has made Dream cards such an enjoyed format at Lure, so why not follow the same premise)

So who would be up for some V-card play at Lure???
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

I wouldn't mind to play a couple V-games, if schedule allows. However...
If anybody wants to only use a single one, why should we force him to use more!
...I don't want to play vs Great Cheeze with one Dwar V added, I might as well play the big GO tournament then.

The problem with V-cards is that apparently there is little enthusiasm in the community for new cards, unless they are used in an official tournament setting. So CoE must either take the big leap, or forget about them and they remain in obscurity for us 4 to play in a casual game.

If you are willing to make couple of preconstructed V-decks, np., I can even give you some deckslists if you want, but I don't have the time nor cards available to assemble them for Lure, as DC games take up most of that time.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Nerdmeetsyou

The main problem for building decks would be card availability for me.
I hardly have enough cards to built 5 decks of my own.
I already had a hard time to built the Arda-Drinkinggame Boxed Deck for Lure. (I'm still searching for somebody who can help me out with some cards there)

Would love to help with those preconstructeds, but I can't.

Of cause you are probably right with your argument about "The Greath Cheez"...
But to be honest a solution would be to create V-card that deal with "The Greath Cheez" so you don't have to fear facing it so much.
Though that is a total different matter I believe should be taken into account when we might finally get the v-cards approved by the council.

The "no need for new cards"-enthusiasm makes me quiet sad :cry:

Return to “Showcase”