[Virtual] King Khamul

Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

My first (slightly modified attempt on making a virtual deck. Its minion vs hero.

Pool:
Lt. of Dol Guldur
Dorelas
Nain
Ugluk with Blazon of the Eye
Khamul Unleashed (v)

Other characters:
Khamul the Ringwraith x3
Ulkaur the Tongueless
Dror
Baduila

Resources:
Above the Abyss x2
Blasting Fire x2
Cave Troll
Dark Tryst x3
Fell Rider x3
Liquid Fire x2
Orcs of Dol Guldur
Orcs of Gorgoroth
Orcs of the Red Eye
Orders from Luzburg x2
Riven Gate (v) x3
The Tormented Earth x3
Uruk-Hai
Voices of Malice x2
Weigh All Things to a Nicety x3

Hazards:
Typical grab bag

Sideboard:
Aiglos
Above the Abyss
Blasting Fire
Forced March
Govern the Storms
Great Bats
Liquid Fire
Smoke On The Wind
Some Secret Art of Flame
Sudden Call
Terror Heralds Doom (v)
The Arkenstone (m)
The Iron Crown (m)
The Witch-King (char)

The idea is to have Dorelas and Nain suffle and draw cards. The Lt. collects Ulkaur, Orders and Orcs of Dol Guldur, then visits for a Cave-Troll and maybe even Aiglos. Ugluk makes kamp at Barad-Dur to score factions.
Khamul enters play at Dol Guldur, sideboards the WK into the discard and collecting him with Unleashed, then moves the party to Carn Dum. Fell Rider will be played on him, as is Riven Gate. They will prepare and collect a greater item at Blue-Mountain Dwarfhold, followed by tapping Riven Gate. Next turn they will play Terror Heralds Doom, Forced March to the Grey Havens, collect the second Greater Item and torch the place to the ground.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Jambo

Did you have the Witch-king in the sb when you played against me? I take it you didn't since you didn't use the trick of using Khamul to sb him to discard them tapping the Unleashed card. That will certainly help the functionality. There's also Uvatha too, who can be added to Khamul's company for free. But obviously he isn't as good as the WK in Fell Rider. Have you considered using Hoarmurath instead of the Witch-king? He's a scout/ranger/sage and would have the same prowess as the Witch-king (albeit lower body).
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

I altered it after our game to your advice. I chose the WK over Hoamy cause I dont think I need Hoamy's skills that much. Khamul is a ranger too, and a double river will stop the company nonetheless, even both are untapped. Also, the WK is playable to stop my company when moving to/from Angmar, AND he is more widely played as a hazard perm event than Hoam, thus giving my opponent an unplayable card.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Frodo
Ex Council Member

I'm happy to see someone making this "most dangerous" of all RW decks, and I hope he's going to write an article for the Newsletter about it soon!

Frodo

Return to “Showcase”