v-suggestion (no name)

Nerdmeetsyou

Minion-Recource
Short event
Text:
In stead of inciating a Company VS company battle at a site you may tap a character to make an atemp to steal an non-special iteam.
make a roll and add your characters mind +2 if it is an orc and +3 if the character is a scout.
Your opponent makes a roll and adds the bearer's mind and +3 if he is a ranger.
If you roll higher your opponents iteam is discarded and you may play an itema with the same name from hand.
If opponent's roll is higher your character must face his company in a C VS C battle alone.
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

What is the difference from just influencing an item away?
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Nerdmeetsyou

doing it without influence...
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

NO, I know that, but why make a card for a function that can already be done? Not mentioning the fact that usually minion players and hero players dont carry the same resources, so a steal of some sort will only happen with a few select items, as the scroll and the coat.

Also, is it minion or hero resource?
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Nerdmeetsyou

maybe we should do it as a hero recource, because for heros this kind of thing is almost impossible...
because you always get a -10 penalty...

and minions only get -5
Nerdmeetsyou

jeah you might be right... this card is senseless
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Hmm, I don't think this card is senseless at all, at least the idea behind stealing from opposite alignment is nice and deserves more attention. It's influencing from opposite alignment that makes no sense actually, and is almost never done either.
The problem obviously lies with using your opponents card. But, the V-Usriev is going that way as well, so why not?
I think it would be cool if you could steal opponents item, but you need
a) a scout (or bonus for scout on roll), b) a small company (3 or less), and to be untapped obviously.
If you win the roll and you don't have a copy of the card, you take control of the item. If you don't have a copy, you take control of your opponents copy and can only store it for some MP's I'd say, so you make this rather a permanent that only gives MP's when stored.
The idea deserves attention I think, stealing is a good way for actively taking on you opponents MP's, the influence check usually doesn't work cross alignment. This could be a new hobbit strategy as well...
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.

Return to “Showcase”