[v-card suggestion] mouth of sauron

Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Spirit-magic would probably better suit the Mouth, would be cool to recycle spirit-magic too, if not for those birds Spying out the land.

Though he might be Dunadan descended, if he's Dunadan he can't form company with orcs, that doesn't seem right to me.

He needs to be warrior in order to play threats? hmm, I never liked the fact that you can use both Threats and other influence cards. First threaten, then give presents, yeah right...so this might be a good opportunity to make a choice for once, either threaten or use your Honey on the Tongue. I agree, a six prowess non worrior is strange too, and 9 mind deserves 3 skills, but if Saruman can do it, why not the Mouth?

The Mouth is an awesome character, only problem is the back to hand thing, when you take that drawback, which probably everybody is in favor of, you'd have to seriously curtail his cycling ability. Making it diplomat only is okay in principle, but for ruse, I agree with Ringbearer there.

Sorcery is too good, with Tormented Earth and Riven Gate. Better use some Words of Menace, or Drive his orcs to Madness.

Other faction related possibility would be to tap the Mouth to take a faction to hand playable at the site, from discard or perhaps even playdeck. He wouldn't normally play it himself then, thereby mitigating this strong ability somewhat.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Axorbo

What about :

The Mouth
9 Mind
4 DI
3 MP
6/8
Warrior/Diplomat Dunadan

Unique. Manifestation of Mouth of Sauron and the Mouth.
May not be a starting character. Can use Shadow-magic. +2 influence vs factions.
Tap during your end-of-turn phase to shuffle one character or faction card playable at the site from your discard pile into your play deck.
Mouth of Sauron can join a company with Orcs and Trolls even if not at a haven.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Allowing him to use Shadow Magic just makes for another Malady deck.
Nerdmeetsyou

jeah you are right... there are enough good sorcery characters in the game already....

maybe he should be doing something thats not so well supportet...
for example spirit magic, like said above...

maybe we can give him the strider ability but only for factions????

and not beeing able as a starting character with mind 9 as a minion char is nearly unplayalbe.... if he was hero, you could play him with your wizard, but how should you play him as a minion????
He would then only be playable in a sauron deck.... where you get a lot of additional general Influence....
But maybe that should be our intention....???
do sauron decks need improvement???

here my new suggestion:

The Mouth
9 Mind
4 DI
3 MP
6/8
Warrior/Diplomat Dunadan

Can use Spirit-magic. +2 influence vs factions.
Tap to take a faction playable at his current site form your discard pile and put it into your hand.
Axorbo

Yes I was thinking of a Sauron game. And I made a mistake : I meant spirit magic instead of shadow magic.

Boderhamster your suggestion is fine but I think we can add characters to factions without owerpowering him.
Nerdmeetsyou

what do you mena with:

we can add characters to faction without overpowering him???
Axorbo

The Mouth
9 Mind
4 DI
3 MP
6/8
Warrior/Diplomat Dunadan

Can use Spirit-magic. +2 influence vs factions.
Tap to take a faction or a character playable at his current site form your discard pile and put it into your hand.
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Imagine the cheezyness when he sits at a haven...
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Nerdmeetsyou

I think we should revive this tread...
because mouth of Sauron realy would need a new card!!!

because he is so iconic... but so awfull!!!

any new suggestions by you guys...?
marcos
Council Member

i think he is pretty good as it is, Mouth has come to kill is a pretty good deck
Nerdmeetsyou

I've never seen that play...
can you explain?
marcos
Council Member

mouth influencing some dragon factions, if you get him wounded you just play mouth as hazard and then "we have come to kill" to bring him again with the main company.

here is the link to the deck
Nerdmeetsyou

maybe we should still do an alternative version.... which stays in play...
Frodo
Ex Council Member

I still like the Diplomat-card reshuffling ability. It opens up more use of these cards, and it also creates a new wonderful character for the Umbarean Corsair (V) deck which requires Dunedain.

Can we start with the premise that he will at least shuffle diplomat cards, and that he prevents the use of the Mouth hazard, and see what we can get from there?

Frodo
marcos
Council Member

what do you think about:

The Mouth V
9 Mind
3 DI
3 MP
6/8
Warrior/Diplomat Dunadan

Unique. Leader. +1 to direct influence against factions. Each time he uses a "diplomat only" card, shuffle it to the play deck.
The Mouth can join a company with Orcs and Trolls even if not at a haven.
-3 MP if eliminated.

Based his ability a bit on akhorahill, lower his DI a bit so it won't be much overpowered and added some sweet details like "leader", "can join the company with orcs and trolls" and "-3 MP if eliminated" to counterbalance if it looks too strong

you guys like it?

best!
Marcos

Return to “Showcase”