[v suggestion] Waiting Shadow

Jambo

One for Marcos:

[v] Waiting Shadow/Lost in the Wilderness/Choking Shadows
Playable on a non-Wizard, non-Ringwraith character facing a strike from an Awakened Plant. The strike receives +2 prowess. If the strike is defeated, discard this card. If the strike is not defeated, place creature's card with [named card] - creature is considered off to the side. The target character may not move to another site and the target character's company faces an attack from the creature at the start of each movement/hazard phase; attacker chooses defending characters. Discard associated creature's card if [named card] is discarded. Discard [named card] if attached Awakened Plant is defeated. Cannot be duplicated on a character.

:)
Last edited by Jambo on Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcos
Council Member

hehe i like it :P

imagine a strike from an old man willow vs a hobbit with darkness under tree V and waiting shadow V out (19 prowess 8) )
got to take care of fatty bolger first :lol:

the only thing about it is:
"If the strike is defeated, discard this card"

i think it should say something like this:
If the strike is defeated or cancelled, discard this card (you know, fatty bolger, halfling stealth, orc stealth, iron shield of old, enruned shield)

or is it that way intentional?
nice one Jambo
marcos
Council Member

or maybe:
"Discard this card if the strike fails"

just my 2 cents
Jambo

I took the wording straight from the Foes Shall Fall card. Instead of giving corruption this card prevents an 'affected' character from moving. Much in the way the Hobbits got caught up at Old Forest in the book. :)

If the strike is cancelled it's not defeated, hence I presume it will stay around. :twisted:

If the attack is cancelled, well that's another matter and would happen before this card is even played.

Maybe the + to prowess should only be 1?
marcos
Council Member

i see, so if the strikes is cancelled it seems that this card stays in play, and the same with foes shall fall too :P

kind of strange, but cool anyway

hehe, you edited while i was posting... I think that the + bonus is ok since this card can be discarded with either marvels, voices, ancient secrets, cock crows...
Jambo

Card could be revised into Lost in Wilderness or Choking Shadows so that we're not using the 'rare' Waiting Shadow.

Update to text in first post to make it more playable.
marcos
Council Member

i like lost in wilderness for a non rare version more than chocking shadows

Return to “Showcase”