[Virtual Suggestion] Old Friendship

Mirdhynn

Old Friendship
Permanent event
Playable on a diplomat . When Old Friendship comes into play, choose a non wizard character in the diplomat company.
The diplomat receives +2 direct influence against this character. Cannot be duplicated on a given diplomat.

The goal of this card is to increase the power of the diplomat skill which is not so usefull in the game.
Last edited by Mirdhynn on Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marcos
Council Member

sounds like a nice one
Jambo

Interesting card. What would happen if the chosen character were to die or leave the company? One other issue I could see is trying to remember which character has been chosen. :)
Mirdhynn

If the chosen character die, the card has no effects, so we can discard it. If the character leave company, I am not sure to discard it : Bilbo leaved gandalf for many years, but he was still his friend :D .
On the issue to remember which character has been chosen, Most of the time, at the end of the next organisation phase, he will surely be under the control of the diplomat, so I think it is not a real big issue.

Anyway, I try to invent some cards to enhance the diplomat skill, If you have any ideas 8)
marcos
Council Member

Mirdhynn, any one "diplomat only" for minions and the new The Mouth?
Mirdhynn

marcos wrote:Mirdhynn, any one "diplomat only" for minions and the new The Mouth?
Sorry but I don't know very well the minions, but I will try to find :)
:arrow: I just post another one for heroes
Nerdmeetsyou

like the idear...
but maybe make it playable as a starting iteam...
but that might make it too strong....or what do you think...

I think it should stay if the character leaves the company... but be discarded if it is eliminated....
marcos
Council Member

BoderHamster wrote:I think it should stay if the character leaves the company... but be discarded if it is eliminated....
that sounds ok...
Mirdhynn

BoderHamster wrote:like the idear...
I think it should stay if the character leaves the company... but be discarded if it is eliminated....
I don't think it should be a starting item. Today, the diplomat skill is quasi nothing : for influence and corruption, every character can use a muster or a friend or three. I think we need to give an active role to the diplomats during the game. And yes, I think it will be too strong if it is a starting item :)
marcos
Council Member

Mirdhynn wrote:
BoderHamster wrote:like the idear...
I don't think it should be a starting item. Today, the diplomat skill is quasi nothing : for influence and corruption, every character can use a muster or a friend or three. I think we need to give an active role to the diplomats during the game. And yes, I think it will be too strong if it is a starting item :)
agree
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Good one Myrdhynn! Now Gimli can almost control Legolas, and with an Elf-stone or Emerald he can!
Perhaps it could be expanded a bit, with an alternatively: diplomate may tap to give +2 on a cc made by target character? That's not too strong, since tapping normally already gives +1.

Or even: if target character is controlled by diplomat, target character can't be influenced by opponent, and unhappy blows does not affect target character. That would be pretty awesome, but nothing can ruin Old Friendships :wink:
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
marcos
Council Member

nice ideas

Return to “Showcase”