[V suggestion] King under the mountain

marcos
Council Member

I just got this new one from AgusBalin:
King under the Mountain. Resource. Permanent-event.

Playable on Balin at Moria if his company has dwarves only. Rotate this card 90º each organization phase. This card gives marshalling points as follow: not rotated: 1; rotated once: 2; rotated twice: 3; rotated three or more times: 4. Discard this card when Balin moves to a site other than Moria or The Under-gates. Cannot be duplicated.
it reflects what balin did at moria by holding on until balrog appeared. We all know that moria is a dangerous site and balin is not a high prowess character ;)
The only think i might change is "Playable on Balin at Moria if his company has dwarves only"... but not sure really, thoughts?
Jambo

Very nice, I like it. For a while I have been trying to think up something similar for Thorin, but this one certainly works well with Balin!

By the way why does Agus not post in here and join in on the discussions? He seems to have a good grasp on VCs. :)
marcos
Council Member

dunno really :P

he has very good ideas indeed
Balin
Ex Council Member

Well, I just thought it would be better to send my ideas straight to Marcos :)

About this card, it allows to build a deck based on a company moving to Moria and The Under-gates (there is a lot of stuff to be played there). As long as Balin survives you get MPs from this card, the more he stands the more you get. He must be in an only-dwarves company when you play this card, but different characters may join the company afterwards. Of course, you may have 3 copies in order to play it ASAP.

Hope you all like it! :D
Last edited by Balin on Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
marcos
Council Member

a FW player can make it a haven with some huge combo and hold there :P New cheeze FW decks are coming to my mind! hehe :D
Balin
Ex Council Member

marcos wrote:a FW player can make it a haven with some huge combo and hold there :P New cheeze FW decks are coming to my mind! hehe :D
hehe... it's possible but unlikely... you'd need a stage card to get full MPs from KutM, is there any??
__

marcos
Council Member

check the "blind to all else" topic ;)
Nerdmeetsyou

Maybe use another card for this suggestion....

isn't there some unused cards with dwarves digging on it...
to represent that they digged to far...
marcos
Council Member

dwarven hoard?
map to mithril?
into dark tunnels?
returned exiles?

if people don't like KUtM, map to mithril looks like the best option in my oppinion
Jambo

What's wrong with the current selection of card? No one's likely to want to use both in the same deck. Virtual cards exist alongside, they don't replace. To me it makes perfect sense as it is.
marcos
Council Member

maybe the uniqueness is what is wrong with the current selection. A (normal) KUtM deck will have no chance to succed vs a (Virtual) KUtM, because the virtual one is much easier to be played (you know, no dragon killing, etc)... Don't get me wrong, i do like it's current selection, but in terms of metagame, i think it will be better if we choose another one...

I vote for map to mithril, wich doesn't see much play nowadays... :D
Jambo

Righto, valid point.
Balin
Ex Council Member

Well, I see the uniqueness problem here...

let's make it Map to Mithril, it's not so cool but... I could still play KutM on Balin and then go to Moria to play MtM on him too!! :twisted:
__

Nerdmeetsyou

why limit it to balin...

if you loose in the caracter draft or something, there should be an alternative for playablity....
and also why shouldn't there be antother dwarf leading to moria....
this is extended world.... not just representation of the book.

maybe make 2 alternatives or soimething like that.
marcos
Council Member

maybe thorin to encourage his play?

Return to “Showcase”