[v] Fled into Darkness

Jambo

Virtual Fled into Darkness:
Hazard permanent-event
Reduce the extra general influence that is available to minion player by 2(4 if Doors of Night is in play). If your opponent is Sauron, he can only bring into play characters at Dol Guldur. Cannot be duplicated.

Was thinking about making the restriction Barad-dur but wasn't sure how something like this could be worded...
marcos
Council Member

it is nice, it encourages the play of influence destruction vs minion. I'd say Dol Guldur/ Minas Morgul for the Sauron restriction...
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Nice idea, do you think it would really work though? Can't play agent actions, factions are usually already reduced to 0, and cross alignment influencing just isn't done, if you play it as a minion you hurt yourself possibly. Also, it's a Balrog rare :cry:
I'd say, -4 if doors in not in play makes more sense (more reason to flee) thematically, though indeed minions are prone to use doors...
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
marcos
Council Member

thorsten, it helps golodhros as agent influencing stuff, calls of home and muster disperses mainly, so i'd say it can work pretty well. The rest of the options are already covered (factions reduced to 0, no influencing agents, no cross allignment influence, etc) as you pointed before.
I'd say, -4 if doors in not in play makes more sense (more reason to flee) thematically, though indeed minions are prone to use doors...
i'd say that too
Jambo

With the +5 free GI which cannot be used, minions are nearly always safe from Muster Disperses and Call of Homes. I think it would be cool if there was a strategy to make minions feel a little uncomfortable with their GI, particularly as it's not hard for the Hog or Sauron to wrack up massive character points. However, in its current form, it might hurt active RWs a little too much. It might be interesting restricting it to an avatar at a haven...?

Yes, the effect of DoN or no DoN is up for grabs. Tidings of Doubt and Danger has more impact to DI when DoN is out...
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

agreed on the comfort for minions, they can always go up using full 20 GI because they know they have the +5. Still it works mainly for the CoH and MD, cards we see so often already, but less for active influence strategy, if result would be only for opponent and not all minions, then it would not have the drawback for yourself.
You mean it hurts active RW relatively more than if they'd stay put and use Bade to Rule. Then you can add a Bade to Rule clause perhaps, extra minus 2 for Bade to Rule? or heck, cancel BtR straight out.

making a Call of Home V would also be nice, like returning really to home site, card you can also play as resource on yourself. Don't like Call of Home, you might have guessed :wink:

Call of Home V: permanent event
playable on character with mind of 5 or less. Return character to his home site (defender's choice). Character requires no influence to controll. Alternatively, may also be played as a resource at the end of org phase. If played as resource, hl is increased by 2 and opponent may play hazards keyed by name or type to both region and site or origin and destination.

just a wild thought.
marcos
Council Member

that's very powerful. Hobbits can't stand a chance vs that...
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

huh? the hobbit at least stays in play, if he gets Called Home normally it's worse, in fact you get a free character mp and it might even work to your advantage, you never know :wink: . Hobbits rely on stealth, so he might stealth himself back to where he came from.
But I agree, without counter it can be harsh, if you just made it to mount doom :lol:
marcos
Council Member

hobbits can protect themselves from normal call of home with tookish blood or influencing each other with tookish blood, but this way, they are just screwed. You know, most of hobbits decks are dragon country based or dunk based, and if you make a hobbit go back from withered heat or gorgoroth to bag end... i think the rest of the company is kind of dead. Other than vs hobbits, the card sounds nice :lol:
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

okay then exclude hobbits, or make it mind 4 or less, so you can't play it on Frodo/Bilbo at least, but you can on that annoying Fatty :wink: . Tookish blood, ages since I've seen that card actually. Still, strange Marcos that to lack specific defense card means your more vulnerable, I'd say everybody is equally vulnerable. Most people would hate this card I think :lol:
Anyway was just a wild though, this thread is about Fled into Darkness V, so back to that idea. Of course it could also be a long-event, so you need not suffer it yourself perhaps if you time it right. And In Darkness V can hold it. And if we add some word Nazgul somewhere you can get it from TNaA :wink:

but I repeat, it is a balrog rare...
Tidings of Doubt indeed works with Doors, strangely enough, because the more Night, the less doubt and danger for minions, you would say, right? Anyway Jambo, this not a good alternative for FiD?
marcos
Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:okay then exclude hobbits, or make it mind 4 or less, so you can't play it on Frodo/Bilbo at least, but you can on that annoying Fatty :wink: .

yeah, that can work
Tookish blood, ages since I've seen that card actually.

i always run some copies of this card on my hobbos decks ;)
Still, strange Marcos that to lack specific defense card means your more vulnerable, I'd say everybody is equally vulnerable. Most people would hate this card I think :lol:
indeed, what about make it a unique card? everybody will hate it but you will be able to play it only once...
Anyway was just a wild though, this thread is about Fled into Darkness V, so back to that idea. Of course it could also be a long-event, so you need not suffer it yourself perhaps if you time it right. And In Darkness can hold it. And if we add some word Nazgul somewhere you can get it from TNaA :wink:
you forgot dragon and half an eye open :lol:
Out of joke, i agree with it being a long event
Thorsten the Traveller wrote:but I repeat, it is a balrog rare...
Tidings of Doubt indeed works with Doors, strangely enough, because the more Night, the less doubt and danger for minions, you would say, right? Anyway Jambo, this not a good alternative for FiD?

agree here too, it will fit better on tidings of doubt and danger for an obvious rarity reason
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

yeah, unique is better.
Just though about an issue with playing it as a resource on yourself, that would be a bit too good for a minion with home site Barad-dur or haven. Go to Bag End, collect some goodies, and return home in one turn! Or bring home the ring! or play Fate of Ithil on Elrond and store it next turn - well you could reach Lorien in one turn of course so that's not really an issue. And at least you need to survive big hazard limit by yourself.
Anyhow, just dreaming away here. Jambo, put a stop to it please!

dragons don't flee into darkness :wink:

Return to “Showcase”