V Hoard well Searched

Jambo

Few thoughts:

I take it this is supposed to be able to be duplicated? Hence the "even if site tapped" part. You might find that being able to bring an item across from the sideboard with this card is powerful enough not to then be able to play several items at the Dwarf-hold.

An interesting alternative might be to make the items able to played only those that both alignments have versions of, e.g. Arkenstone, The Iron Crown and Mithril Coat (anty more?). Then make the card playable only if your opponent is hero... :twisted: ;)
marcos
Council Member

i like the idea of only items that has a hero version: those items are arkenstone, necklace of girion, iron crown, mithril coat, all palantiris and all rings dwarven rings
I take it this is supposed to be able to be duplicated? Hence the "even if site tapped" part. You might find that being able to bring an item across from the sideboard with this card is powerful enough not to then be able to play several items at the Dwarf-hold.
as thorsten said, you have to face 3 at 10 uncancelable and also remember the auto attack wich is pretty tough...
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Well I doubt the (covert!) company would have untapped guys after going to the site, entering the site, playing an item, facing 3@10, playing another item, and facing again 3@10. If you can pull that off, you deserve to play 3 items in my book, just completely pillage that Dwarfhold I say! :wink:
If you want to stay around for another turn, enter again 4@10 and 3@10 to play an item, then I'd say you also deserved it. However, I can also agree with not duplicated at a site, since it is powerful to play items from sideboard indeed. But I do think the card itself should be duplicatable.

First thought of course was to make it for these items of both alignments. But then I thought it would be too limited. And I liked the idea that you can Lure opponent who wants to play Emerald or Enruned Shield. Also the thought of playing underdeeps items somewhere else, yet at considerable danger/difficulty, is appealing, don't you think? At least it's a bit of a surprise, you don't see the Axe in dragon country normally.
Yet, normally I think it will be used for Arkenstone, Axe or Emerald. Iron Crown/Necklace sees little play. The good thing is you can put them in sideboard and watch what opponent does, but even so you're not going to 'guess' opponent wants to play the Iron Crown/Necklace, so will you reserve these cards?
Another thing to consider, if you have Iron Crown in play, nobody can play Fury...

You think Dwarves would like to have the Iron Crown in their hoard? Well, they take anything with some value :)
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

yeah had forgotten Mithril Coat. Who plays Mithril Coat?
How would you see ring special items reserved with this card? But that would be cool indeed, if you could play the ring without playing a gold ring and test first!
The attack would have to be even tougher though, if you want to steal a Dwarven ring from under the nose of the dwarves! :evil:
marcos
Council Member

lol i think everyone in a dragon country deck plays the mithril coat, both hero and minions...
First thought of course was to make it for these items of both alignments. But then I thought it would be too limited. And I liked the idea that you can Lure opponent who wants to play Emerald or Enruned Shield. Also the thought of playing underdeeps items somewhere else, yet at considerable danger/difficulty, is appealing, don't you think? At least it's a bit of a surprise, you don't see the Axe in dragon country normally.
Yet, normally I think it will be used for Arkenstone, Axe or Emerald. Iron Crown/Necklace sees little play. The good thing is you can put them in sideboard and watch what opponent does, but even so you're not going to 'guess' opponent wants to play the Iron Crown/Necklace, so will you reserve these cards?
Another thing to consider, if you have Iron Crown in play, nobody can play Fury...
Necklace and Iron crown can help with DI and bring some extra characters that are going to help with the quest, don't you think? it will be nice to make those items to be able to be played with this card imo....
You think Dwarves would like to have the Iron Crown in their hoard? Well, they take anything with some value
of course they will, they take whatever they find a little nice :P
How would you see ring special items reserved with this card? But that would be cool indeed, if you could play the ring without playing a gold ring and test first!
The attack would have to be even tougher though, if you want to steal a Dwarven ring from under the nose of the dwarves!
"If a dwarven ring is played this way, the company has to face an attack (dwarves 5 at 10)"
What about that? Is the attack too strong? remember that rings are very weak vs rolled and corruption :?
ideas?
Jambo

I think we should leave Dwarven rings out of it for the time being, at least until we have had a chance to see how ring play can be helped in general.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Well Necklace and Mithril-coat were already on the card. But honestly, I hardly see them played, nice though they may be. If you can play wormsbane/orcrist/emerald/shield, why play Mithril-coat and load yourself with cp's for a not very usable item? And like I said, if you play Iron-crown, Fury can't be played, so that's a bummer.

I really like the idea of playing the dwarven-ring without testing, it's very appealing, even though kind of against ICE idea about rings (rings are lost and have to be found). But I do also agree with Jambo. Also, it would be too easy for the heroes, since they don't have to face the attacks, and it would not be thematic if they would.
Fixing rolled and corruption is easy, have already some ideas (but don't want to flood the forum with my ideas and numb you with too many proposals)
marcos
Council Member

agree with Jambo, better leave dwarven rings out for now... My suggestion about rings was a "just in case" option :lol:
marcos
Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:Well Necklace and Mithril-coat were already on the card. But honestly, I hardly see them played, nice though they may be. If you can play wormsbane/orcrist/emerald/shield, why play Mithril-coat and load yourself with cp's for a not very usable item? And like I said, if you play Iron-crown, Fury can't be played, so that's a bummer
because it is worth 1 more MP than shield, because most of hero dragon country decks are hobbits ones and they don't care abuot corruption, because it is not a hoard item so it can also be played on a non-dragon country deck too, because it gives extra body to an important character (i.e: Cirdan, Balin, Thrain, Theoden, etc)... It should always be the backup of orcrist/ wormsbane IMO. On the other hand, for a minion player, it is one of the most rentable greater items due to corruption, marshalling points and hoard/ non hoard caracteristics. Also it helps orc/ tolls with their bcs in order to not being discarded so easily...
I think it's an item worth the effort to be played with both hero and minion, and of course with this card...
Jambo

Also the point is that by including these rarer items on those which can be taken direct from the sideboard no less, that they'll actually see more play! :) This card is like a Far-sight for heroes without the bother of needing a site with information or a space in the hand to hold it. Play the card and boom - easy and immediate access to an item.
marcos
Council Member

Far-sight for heroes = All thought bent upon them for minions ;)
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

But heroes can't play this card :wink:
Don't understand the point, you can already play them, only question is, would you play it if you are a minion? Nobody needs Mithril-coat (would you far-sight it?), if it's just for 1 extra MP, would you take the risk of the card? Some people need Necklace, more people need (or abhore) Arkenstone, many people need Axe. Then the issue is, whether you would rule out playing the other great stuff only to make Mithril see more play...

and still, you can have 3 items in play like this. If every hobbit in dragon-land already plays Mithril-coat, then there is no issue, right? :wink:
marcos
Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:But heroes can't play this card :wink:
Don't understand the point, you can already play them, only question is, would you play it if you are a minion? Nobody needs Mithril-coat (would you far-sight it?), if it's just for 1 extra MP, would you take the risk of the card? Some people need Necklace, more people need (or abhore) Arkenstone, many people need Axe. Then the issue is, whether you would rule out playing the other great stuff only to make Mithril see more play...

and still, you can have 3 items in play like this. If every hobbit in dragon-land already plays Mithril-coat, then there is no issue, right? :wink:
i won't farsight anything at all :P
Even tough i like far-sight/ all thought bent, i don't like to waste turns doing that...
I think there are some characters that actually needs a mithril coat (i.e: theoden, cirdan). Being a minion, i think that the most popular greater items are the arkenstone, thong of fire and mithril coat.... I always run mithril coat on my decks...
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

yes, Scroll is about the only thing I ever far-sighted.
back in the days, when we were young and naive, and Token of Goodwill didn't exist. :D

i'd rather give Theoden Orcrist than Mithril-coat. Always prevent the damage if you can :wink:
marcos
Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:yes, Scroll is about the only thing I ever far-sighted.
back in the days, when we were young and naive, and Token of Goodwill didn't exist. :D

i'd rather give Theoden Orcrist than Mithril-coat. Always prevent the damage if you can :wink:
indeed, that is why cancelllers exist (at least in my decks) ;)

let's get back to hoard well searched :lol:

Return to “Showcase”