Swag, Thing Stolen, Old Cache

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Swag

Permanent Event. You may tap a scout at a tapped Ruins & Lairs and this card to play a minor item from the sideboard.

Thing Stolen

Permanent Event. You may tap a scout in a covert company at a tapped Free-Hold or Border-Hold and this card during the site phase to play two minor items from the sideboard with the scout. Unless the covert company contains a diplomat, the scout faces an attack of 1 strike at 7 prowess.

Old Cache
Permanent Event. Tap an orc or troll character at a tapped Darkhaven, Darkhold, or Shadowhold and this card during the organization phase to play one minor item weapon, shield, armor, or helm from the sideboard with this character.
Nerdmeetsyou

why not....
but I think we should also do something for HERo minor iteams....
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Hero decks already have Cup of Farewell and Armory; these are astoundingly useful. What I wanted here was to try and put into use some minion parallels.
marcos
Council Member

i like them, but who will use their deck slots to put that cards into deck? You might make any (or maybe all) of them "startable" ...
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I'll certainly put in Thing Stolen if it allows me to play Secret Book directly from the Sideboard. Likewise, tapping a scout to bring in some healing items at a Ruins & Lairs is no bad thing. Because they're permanent events, you reduce the hand clog minor items often introduce. Old Cache is fun for decking out an overt company. Obviously, the drawbacks are deck space, both in terms of sideboard space and actual deck slots, but the cost might be worth it depending on the company/deck.
Leon

These cards certainly sound playable enough to me.
Jambo

It might be nice if Old Cache or Swag were made into a minion version of [v]Armory. The fact Armory's potentially worth 1 MP really makes it shine.
Nerdmeetsyou

yeah... like that idear...
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Don't have to duplicate everything for minions though.
I like Old Catch. The other ones seem pretty strong to me, Book/Records/Paste/Rations can be really good, and other than heroes minions don't suffer the corruption. And how about the mind rings? Playing Thrors map from sideboard...like to see more minor weapons in play though there aren't many.

Can these be duplicated? can you play hoard/unique minors (Treasure really rocks), does this card untap? Can you tap Swag/Thing during org phase? (granting you almost an untapped char. in site phase)
All in all something to think about, because minors for minions are way better than for heroes.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Leon

I think some of these cards should be tried and playtested to see what is good. Better start at slightly overpowered and turn it down than making new useless cards is what I say. In an other post Jambo suggested orc-liquor and orc-draughts to be only for overt companies, perhaps these things can be combined somehow.

Return to “Showcase”