(v) Fortress of Isen

Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

Fortress of Isen
Stage resource.
Saruman Specific.
Sp: 3
Mp (-2)
Unique. Playable on Isengard. If played as a starting stage resource, your starting company begins the game at Isengard.
Isengard is protected and never leaves play. Tap this card if no character is at Isengard, when tapped this card never untaps and gives -2 MP. Other players may not use Isengard as a wizardhaven.

The idea of this card is to help out the greatest problem White Hand decks have: to get Isengard protected. It makes Isengard protected from the start, but at a cost. If Isengard is undefended, the player suffers a penalty.

Edited to remarks.
Last edited by Ringbearer on Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

That's an extremely interesting idea. Being able to start a company at the Gap of Isen would open up more of the map to Fallen Saruman than any other FW player except potentially Fallen Gandalf. Personally, even with a potential -2 MPs, I'd keep it at 3 stage points and specifcally allow it to be your Starting Stage card.
marcos
Council Member

agree with ben
Nerdmeetsyou

maybe make it specific for some fallen wizard....
or just say... non-radagast....???
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

I chose Saruman specific, because he comes into play at Isengard, and I dont want a FW Saruman player screwed out of Isengard turn 1. The player playing FW Saruman has enough disatvantages as it is *EG*
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Nerdmeetsyou

oh I didn't spot: saruman specific
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

The mewh rules do state you must start the game with one non-unique stage, with this card being 3 sp and unique, that's not possible.

minor point: as saruman specific, you deny your fw opponent to move to haven isengard first turn and possibly heal there, is that considered fair?
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Nerdmeetsyou

Why do you want to forbid other Fallen wizards to move to isengard in the first place???
why shouldn't they be allowed to move there?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:The mewh rules do state you must start the game with one non-unique stage, with this card being 3 sp and unique, that's not possible.
The card's text overrides the rule. Just as it overrides the rule that a company must start at the White Towers or a Ruins & Lairs in Arthedain or Rhudaur.
minor point: as saruman specific, you deny your fw opponent to move to haven isengard first turn and possibly heal there, is that considered fair?
That's nothing; if you Hidden Haven the White Towers, you can do the exact same thing to an opponent operating around Rhudaur. Fallen Wizards in general have so many haven options that the loss of one doesn't necessarily destroy them -- except that Fallen Saruman requires either the White Towers or Isengard for one of his specific cards, so why not put him on the level of Radagast, who also has his own private haven?
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

the card itself doesn't mention anything about the rule specifically, allowing such a play, it merely says: If played as a starting stage....

hidden havening White Towers should not be legal for FW's, I think that's pathetic.

tons of haven options? depends on the deck you're making, which is my point, if you plan to travel south to gondor/mordor, you are happy you can move to Isengard first turn safely, like a normal hero/minion would move to lorien/carn dum....because you can't start with your Chambers or Mischief or Hidden Haven there, can you? The difference with Rhosgobel is that you know upfront you can't use it (as non rada). If you know upfront you can't use Isengard, then the number of havens for fw's is actually pretty thin: 1.

What if you both play Saruman but you don't play this card as starting stage and opponent does?....

maybe boder is right and we should allow at least a FW company to enter Isengard haven, as a fellow badbeard, Saruman welcomes his fallen brethren
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Nerdmeetsyou

By the way.... Is there a reason why it should be uniqu anyway???

YEAh i don't see where the point is of forbidding the site...
also from a flavour perspective....

why shouldn't saruman wellcome his fellow wizards in isengard like torsten said?

maybe we could make some kind of clause that Isengard becomes forbidden as a haven for you opponent, when you reach a speific number of stage points.... that would seem thematicly right...
like you have gone to far and now isengard is a ruin for other fallen wizards!!! because you don't wellcome them...
maybe then there also could be an extra auto attack at a second threshhold... like this:

Fortress of Isen
Stage resource.
Saruman Specific.
Mp (-2)
Cannot be duplicated. Playable on Isengard. If played as a starting stage resource, your starting company begins the game at Isengard.
Isengard is protected and never leaves play. Tap this card if no character is at Isengard, when tapped this card never untaps and gives -2 MP.
If you have 7 or more Stage points other fallen wizard players must use the hero site card for Isendgard.
If you have 14 or more Stage points Isengard gets an additional automatic attack: Half-Orcs with 3@10

[an alternative could be that we make the auto attack depend on the play of another card... Strident Spawn would be a greath idear...
I mean the card that allows the play of half-orcs at isengard...
- would seem thematic to me that isengard then gets an auto attack.]
marcos
Council Member

i like boder's idea. something along this lines:

Fortress of Isen
Stage resource.
Saruman Specific.
Mp (-2)
Playable on Isengard. If played as a starting stage resource, your starting company begins the game at Isengard.
Isengard is protected and never leaves play. Tap this card if no character is at Isengard, when tapped this card never untaps and gives -2 MP.
If you have 7 or more Stage points other fallen wizard players must use the hero site card for Isendgard.
If you have Strident Spawn in play, Isengard gains an additional automatic attack: Half-Orcs with 3 strikes 10 prowess.
Cannot be duplicated.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I like marcos' version.
Nerdmeetsyou

yeah... macros new version and mine are the same....
macros is now just properly worded....!

we should reserve that card for V2
marcos
Council Member

BoderHamster wrote:yeah... macros new version and mine are the same....
macros is now just properly worded....!

we should reserve that card for V2
i replaced the clause about 14 SP for your idea of having a strident spawn. I think it looks cute :)

Return to “Showcase”