[v] News of Doom

marcos
Council Member

for being a unique card that might be stuck at the end of the deck, it would be useless in a final turn... What do you guys think about that?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I like it as it stands. If we change anything, make it cost two against the hazard limit. If it's too strong after that, drop it.
marcos
Council Member

i agree with ben
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

During m/h phase. If you as opponent can get a resource to hand, you can counter the hazard, possibly, if you are well prepared. Getting a resource is also very good, you might get something to play that turn that opponent didn't expect.

Since it's unique indeed you might draw it last turn, but since it's that good you can expect in in many games in both decks, so chances that it will be at end of both decks are slim. Maybe it's even better to make it non unique but non duplicable (place in mp pile), so both players can have the advantage once during their own m/h phase.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Your opponent gets a hazard to hand, as well. Granted that this isn't as strong as getting a hazard to hand that can be instantly played, it's still very strong. And given that both sides can play this card once (it's removed from the game, but is not eliminated), I still don't see any need for fooling around with it; hazards are supposed to help hinder your opponent.

Return to “Showcase”