[v] News of Doom

Jambo

The first come, first served version:

News of Doom V:
Hazard short-event
Unique. Bring a hazard from your sideboard to your hand (show opponent). Remove this card from the game.

Or, the full monty:

News of Doom V:
Hazard short-event
Unique. When this card is played, both players may bring a hazard from their sideboard to their hand (show opponent). Remove this card from the game.

:twisted:
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

I have a dreamcard version that says: bring any card from your collection to your hand :wink:
like the full monty version better.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Jambo

lol, bring card from collection. Great on GCCG where we have access to all cards! ;)

I also prefer the Full Monty version too.
Nerdmeetsyou

The first one might be a little strong... it would be a card that EVERYBODY would inclued in his hazard deck....
Nerdmeetsyou

The first one might be a little strong... it would be a card that EVERYBODY would inclued in his hazard deck....

but we definitly should make some hazard Sideboarding alternative....
Ringbearer
Ex Council Member

The Full Monty it is according to me *EG*
"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes."
- Coldplay, Viva la Vida.

Gaming is life, the rest is just dice rolls.
- John Kovalic, Dork Tower
Jambo

*EG*?
marcos
Council Member

i like the second version, the first one is too powerful
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

I supposed some of you have already used it? Direct sideboard access is fun and opens a whole new area of strategies, but it is quite good I must say, e.g. in combo with roadblock, you can wait to get the correct roadblock out and don't need to put it in deck straight, which is a good thing if it means people leave out the rivers and lost in FD from deck...the only thing is you get to play it at the adequate time, opponent might get a hazard but no way to respond. Maybe it should be played outside m/h phase, strangely enough.

but, for the ripples it could create in the game, I'd say it's a sure thing in VC2
marcos
Council Member

Thorsten the Traveller wrote:I supposed some of you have already used it? Direct sideboard access is fun and opens a whole new area of strategies, but it is quite good I must say, e.g. in combo with roadblock, you can wait to get the correct roadblock out and don't need to put it in deck straight, which is a good thing if it means people leave out the rivers and lost in FD from deck...the only thing is you get to play it at the adequate time, opponent might get a hazard but no way to respond. Maybe it should be played outside m/h phase, strangely enough.

but, for the ripples it could create in the game, I'd say it's a sure thing in VC2
what about: "playable during your opponent's organization phase. Reduce the hazard limit of the next movement/hazard phase by 1. (Rest of the text remains the same)"

best regards!
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Or, get a hazard from sb, reveal it to opponent, who may then take a resource?
marcos
Council Member

still playable during movement hazard?
Nerdmeetsyou

I also think it would be too strong... because you get something that you can play imidiately that will definitly affekt you opponent.

While he can sideboard also, but there is no garantee that the searched card will be playble next turn... probably yes... but not surely!

Maybe make it affekt at end of M/H phase... so you can only search something for next turn....???
(but then your oppoent gets the priority ... on the other hand...)

maybe make it just fetch from discard... would be less hard!!!
marcos
Council Member

i don't like it being from discard, it will be the same as mouth of sauron. The idea of taking the card straight from sb is the huge impact that such hazard might produce, that is what makes the card interesting in my oppinion

Other idea that comes to my mind is making this card cost 2 against the hazard limit, or something similar
Leon

Along the same line as Boderhamster:

News of Doom V:
Hazard short-event
Unique. At the end of this turn, both players may bring a hazard from their sideboard to their hand (show opponent). Remove this card from the game.

The shortest way to word that you can only play this hazard during your opponents next turn (unless it is Twilight)

Return to “Showcase”