Map To Mithril

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Dwarf only at a site where Information is playable. Tap the Dwarf and the site. Discard this card if the Dwarf's company contains any non-Dwarf character. Tap this card to allow a Dwarf to play Mithril at the Under-Gates regardless of Mithril's normal playability requirements. Discard Mithril if this card is discarded.

Just thought that any Dwarf with a map to Mithril wouldn't go around showing it to anybody other than other Dwarves, and would use it to . . . surprise . . . go get Mithril.
Leon

Perhaps change it to the same conditions of An Unexpected Party, more than one non dwarf
Balin
Ex Council Member

Nice idea, but we are already planning to virtualise Map to Mithril:

http://www.councilofelrond.org/forum/vi ... .php?t=604
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
Leon

You mean you planned to virtualize a dwarf specific card. I think finding Mithrill suits the card Map to Mithrill better and would suggest you choose another card for the other virtual card you suggested.
Balin
Ex Council Member

At your orders! :P

I guess we could find another card to virtualize myself at Moria :P :P
maybe Into Dark Tunnels or something...
__

Let them come! There is one dwarf yet in Moria that still draws breath!
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

techically speaking, we're all just generating ideas here. :wink:

Spend a turn on Map to Mithril in stead of 2 turns on Vein of Arda, seems good to me. But why discard Mithil if Map gets discarded? If you've found it, you don't need the Map no longer, right? Seems too easy to discard Mithril, all you need is to corrupt or kill the guy with the map...
would also make it 'more than one non dwarf', should at least be able to get your wiz. with the guys. Dwarves are greedy, but they recognise a wizard can be of good use to them.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Mithril is a potential 7 MP resource, I wanted it to be a "dwarves only" affair. Therefore, no, not even a wizard.

How about "Discard Mithril if you do not have a Map to Mithril in play in the same company?" That allows for multiple maps in the same company, offering a little more protection, while still keeping the Dwarves only idea.
Leon

Right Balin, I guess we shouldn't argue about what cards to use if there are enough good ideas. So far I really like the virtual cards in general.

Return to “Showcase”