Fool's Bane

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Man Hazard Creature or Permanent Event

Unique. Manifestation of Éowyn. 1 Strike of 9/7. If played against a Ringwraith (not the Balrog), +10 prowess, the strike may not be canceled, and the Ringwraith's body is halved. As a creature, may only be played following a non-detainment hazard attack from a man creature or dunedain creature with an * next to their marshalling point value. As a permanent event, one man or dunedain hazard with an * may be shuffled into the play deck from the discard pile at the end of each player's turn. If this card is defeated, your opponent receives 2 kill marshalling points.

Fool's Bane, because the Witch-King thought he was unkillable (the fool! :)). Recycles anti-minion hazard creatures to represent her inspiring effect on both her brother and Faramir.
Nerdmeetsyou

like the idear very much of having an eowys hazard against traveling wraiths ...
but one question:
is it playable as a creature only if the creature before had an (*) ???
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Yes, that is what the phrasing is intended to convey. Thus, she could be played following a non-detainment Horse Lords, but not following an assassin or sellswords.
Jambo

I like this idea!

Few thoughts:

Strike cannot be cancelled, but attack presumably can?

Could the bonus vs Ringwraith be staggered so as not to completely crucify a Ringwraith in black rider or heralded lord mode, and yet still be effective against a RW in fell rider?

e.g. If played against a Ringwraith (not the Balrog), +6 prowess (+9 if the Ringwraith is in Fell Rider mode),
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

RWs not in Fell Rider are Covert.

The only way this can be played is after non-detainment attacks, so the big problem is, I guess, Sons of Kings. However, Sons of Kings is 2 MPs at no body, so perhaps deserves this kind of indirect boost.
Nerdmeetsyou

maybe make her also playable in the region were edoras is...
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

The problem is that she should be very specifically anti-minion. She was nowhere near Edoras when she went around killing the Witch-King and his Fell Beast.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Jambo wrote:Strike cannot be cancelled, but attack presumably can?
Perhaps better would be, "one strike is always assigned to the Ringwraith regardless of resource effects in play." Leaves cancellation open but rules out strike reassignment.
Jambo

that would be better yes, but it should be any Ringwraith.
marcos
Council Member

very nice one i love it...
Nerdmeetsyou

Bandobras Took wrote:The problem is that she should be very specifically anti-minion. She was nowhere near Edoras when she went around killing the Witch-King and his Fell Beast.
Yeah like Middle-earth TW just does what happend in the movies...*G*
I think this argument laks reason...

I realy think she should have a general playability in Edoras...
but on the other hand...
is there some kind of manifestion of the riders of rohan as a hazard?
marcos
Council Member

horse lords
Nerdmeetsyou

then maybe we should keep her like she is...
or maybe make some +2 prowless when played after horselords or something else like that.
marcos
Council Member

wouldnt that cramp the card text too much??
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

That's my opinion, as well. There's really no need for it, either, as far as I can tell; she can already recycle Horse-Lords.

Return to “Showcase”