[v] Free to Choose

Jambo

Scrapping the idea of Hobbit-lore as a worthwhile Gandalf-specific card, even if virtualised, I thought of this one:

Free to Choose V:
Permanent-event
Playable on Gandalf while moving during his movement/hazard phase. If untapped, tap Gandalf afterwards. Up to one Free to Choose can be discarded in a turn to give a +1 to corruption checks to all characters in Gandalf's company for the rest of the turn.

Based on the idea that Gandalf really is a big, cuddly, company kind of guy, and always advising, never instructing. :)
Last edited by Jambo on Fri May 16, 2008 6:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

[humor]Hobbit Lore

Playable if Gandalf, Bilbo, Frodo, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Robin Smallburrow, Fatty Bolger, Folco Boffin, and Mistress Lobelia are all in the same company. You gain 6 marshalling points. This card is worth full Marshalling Points to Fallen Gandalf.[/humor]

I like the idea of Gandalf being able to help others with corruption checks. Good card.
Nerdmeetsyou

i don't know... I think it will be too weak...

maybe make it stronger?
Leon

As it is it requiers a lot of tapping. I would rather use that for Marvels Told and such to get corruption cards away.
Jambo

Thanks for the comments. Have you considered these three points:

1. To play the card only requires tapping if you're untapped. So use Gandalf to play the MT or access the sb, then play one or more of these cards during the m/h phase.

2. The advantage this card has over MT is it's a permanent-event that you can trigger whenever you like.

3. Have you considered this card with Narya?

If, after these have been considered, the card is still viewed as being potentially too weak or cumbersome, how would you improve it staying with the current theme?
Nerdmeetsyou

but having him to tap to make to discard it to make it work... is very bad....
that is the worst thing about this card!!!
Jambo

Ok, card edited to allow it to be discarded for effect without tapping Gandalf. Do you think it's necessary to limit this so only one Free to Choose can be discarded in any given turn? Otherwise there's potential for discarding 3 for a +3 to ccs for a turn.
Leon

As it is now it has enough potential and we can later decide if it is overpowered.

Return to “Showcase”