Steeds

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Ranger Ally

Playable by a Diplomat Ringwraith at a haven whether the site is tapped or untapped. Your Ringwraith is in Heralded Lord mode and may move using Starter Movement. This ally has a prowess of 2 and a body of 8.

There needs to be a way for active non-Ranger Ringwraiths to overcome river that won't overpower Akhorahil; this is the solution, since Akhorahil is not a Diplomat.

Incidentally, since this ally doesn't have the innate bonuses/penalties of Heralded Lord, the DI list is as follows:

WK: 6
Adunaphel: 6
Indur: 4
Khamul: 2
Ren: 2

Since Khamul and Ren have more profitable options (Fell Rider and Creature, respectively), this works out well.
marcos
Council Member

b_took, you know i like it 8)
Jambo

Interesting idea, and I must admit it took me some time to work out how this compared with the standard Heralded Lord mode card. There's no prowess penalty and effect on DI bonus is clearly mixed across the diplomat RWs. Balance wise it seems about right, although it seems something of a paradox that Heralded Lord mode is resulting in some diplomat RWs having lower DI...

One other thing - what happens if there's more than one RW in your RW's company and there's only one ally? Also what happens if this ally is on a diplomat RW follower? Might it be worthwhile to extend its playability conditions to darkholds too?
Nerdmeetsyou

I would rather like to see a virtualized version of steeds for normal companies...
some card where we can do a hero/Minion Mirro verion.... that work the same!
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Jambo: Oops, that should probably say "Playable by your diplomat Ringwraith."
MELE Rules p. 25 wrote:However, in order to move from a Darkhaven to a non-Darkhaven site, a Ringwraith must have a special resource card: a Black Rider card, a Fell Rider card, or a Heralded Lord card (i.e., the Ringwraith must be in Black Rider mode, in Fell Rider mode, or in Heralded Lord mode).
So long as a card does not put an entire RW company in a mode, that company may not move. This card therefore bumps up the solo RW company who wants to do some faction-gathering/covert play.
marcos
Council Member

cannot be duplicated by a given RW?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

That makes a good deal of sense.
Nerdmeetsyou

I would realy apreaciate if we could use another card for this gametext...
because I would love it too see some day Horses virtualized in a two way version... a version where the hero and minion card is the same.

(what is not possible with this card?)
marcos
Council Member

throw in some ideas and replacement for this one :)
Nerdmeetsyou

why not just take the card: Black rider
???
oder: That ain't no secret
marcos
Council Member

black rider as an ally??? kinda weird

Return to “Showcase”