[v] Poison

Jambo

Two trains of thought for this suggestion:

Poison V
(1 MP) : 1 CP
Playable on an weapon. Tap bearer. -1 to the body of all failed strikes against bearer. If bearer defeats a strike and the creature or character is also defeated, place this card in your marshalling point pile and it gives 1 marshalling point.

Poison V
1 CP
Playable on a weapon. Tap bearer. Any character wounded by bearer in CvCC receives this card (invert card). Rotate this card 90° during the character's untap phase (to a maximum of 360°). At the end of the character's untap phase, character makes a body check modified by +1 per 180° this card has been rotated. Failure of this body check gives this character's marshalling points as kill points. Instead of healing, a character may remove this card from the game. Cannot be duplicated on a given weapon.
Last edited by Jambo on Wed May 28, 2008 10:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Like second one, anything to increase interaction :wink: Also minion weapons are often not deemed worthy enough. Would make it 'except Thong of Fire'. Would also make not 1 mp for smaller guys, it's your task to target the worthy guys, taking out Bombur with poison is no more esteemed than without poison, and the smaller guys have lower bodies anyway. This card is very good actually, you normally can't heal straight away (warm now be heart and limbs, anyone?) so if you get through, you have at least three rolls, the last one being +1!
Would add: can't be duplicated on given weapon.

First version I don't see the point, it's a cheap 1 mp since creatures without body are automatic.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Jambo

Updated to include suggestions: why "except Thong of Fire"?

Re second option, you have to kill the creature. You don't get the MP for just defeating the character's strike (unless of course the creature has just one strike).
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Well, Thong is already awfully good weapon that allows char to stay untapped in most cases and therefore choose defender in CvCC perhaps. Also Thong is played on the strongest char that has most chances of succeeding in CvCC. Second, I think to dip a Thong of Fire in poison is a bit strange. Third, I like it if Poison gives a boost to using weapons that are not used much, and Thong is already popular.

about first version: it doesn't specify that creature has to have a body stat., and most creatures don't, so those are easily defeated, which is benifit to you since you get easy mp, but also non benificial since you want poison to linger for the creatures that do have body. It's the same as with Morgul/Fiery Blade, you want it to stick around. But can you play poison in response to an attack? Even if you can, you need to hold on to it, which is a bummer. Better add: if creature with body stat or character is defeated...
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Jambo

The way I had envisaged this card being the most useful was on a couple of characters starting with Saw-toothed Blades.

Strange Rations or Paste will often score a player MPs when being without them quite possibly would have resulted in a 0 MP score that turn, so I feel the 1 MP is more than fair for starting with Saw-toothed Blades.
Leon

I like the first version if it works for strikes with body only and it cannot be duplicated on a weapon. Perhaps state tap bearer if untapped, you can always adjust this if it seems overpowered.

Return to “Showcase”