The Ash Mountain Deeps

Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

maybe the easiest way would be then to make it not under-deeps, but a normal site, not in a region, with a special movement rule. Afaik, there is no rule that states sites must be in a region, but if they aren't, they need special movement.

Peeps want to face 2@12 to play a blasting fire, go ahead, I think there is little threat of that.
It would be a pitty if FW can't use the site, but like I said, they will not get anything out of it anyway, so will they actually be tempted to go there, except for the ueber-cool ability to let Saruman fly a Creature? Anyway I can live with Ruins, but then there should be a special saying only drake/dragon creatures and/or attacks may be keyed there, because if you get Double Vigilanced followed by a lieutenant there and on top you need to face that auto, you will not be able to get 3 creatures out of it. Or am I being to negative? You need 3 guys with prowess 6, so there's not that much room for cannonfodder actually. On the other hand, a True Fire Drake is just as bad...hmmm

WMC could also be a ruins, seems ok too.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
marcos
Council Member

then give us your 2 final versions please :)
marcos
Council Member

i think i will keep Ash mountain deeps as a dark hold but no under deeps. WMC will be ruins and no under deeps as well.

Why would a FW want to be at Sauron's beast nursery after all?

unless you come up with something better :)
marcos
Council Member

White mountain Cavern Ways V: [-me_rl-]
Adjacent:The Gem-deeps (0), Pukel-deeps (0), if moving with region movement: 4 (6 for overt minion player)
Special: A company moving with region movement can reveal this site as his new site if the last region is Rohan or Lamedon. Tap an orc at this site to take Come by Night upon Them from your discard pile to hand. Black Horse V may be played here (even if site is tapped). Characters may heal as if at a haven. If there is an overt company at this site and no character is wounded, all unique hero factions playable at sites in Rohan, Gap of Isen, Old Pukel-land, Anfalas, Lamedon and Anorien are worth 1 less MP. A company at this site may move to any site in those regions; the hazard limit is -2 (to minimum of 2). A hero company may move to this site if there is an overt company present.
Draw: 2/2
Region: Special

Ash mountain deep V [-me_dh-]
Adjacent: Barad-dur (5) (7 for non minion player), The Under-courts (5)(7 for non minion player)
auto attack: Spawn (1st attack) - 2 strikes with 12 prowess; (2nd attack) Opponent may play any spawn, non-unique dragon or drake hazard creature from hand
Special: An overt company may discard (for no effect) a Strange Rations to play Wild Fell-beast with a character of 6 prowess or more that controlls no allies (even if site is tapped): it is considered an ally with 2 mind, 5 prowess and 7 body. If this card would otherwise be discarded, place it with company. Each character controlling a Wild Fell-beast may be in company with a Ringwraith controling Creature of an Older World and is considered in Fell Rider mode. If played with the company, this card is worth 2 mp's for each Wild-fell Beast. Company may move from this site to any site in Gorgoroth, Udun, Nurn, Dagorlad or Horse Plains
Last edited by marcos on Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

we could include something like: may be included in sidedeck by a FW? would that work, or could it still not be used actually? otherwise the non minion clause is useless of course. Anyway, rather than upping the number I liked the scout clause, like you have to search for the place...

Do you think Fell Beast is better than Wild Fell Beast? It could be confusing that the stats from the ally are different from that of the creature, before I thought it would be cooler to actually have some stats, but now I'm thinking differening stats might be hindering. On the other hand, Wild Fell Beast looks much cooler...

We could of course also make a Fell Beast V....
marcos
Council Member

i think it is the same one or the other. Memories of old torture and ready to his will work similarly and they doesnt create confusion as far as i know. What i'm not sure is non-minions using Ash mountain Deeps, this way it will reduce a bit the amount of words. New shots:

White mountain Cavern Ways V: [-me_rl-]
Adjacent:The Gem-deeps (0), Pukel-deeps (0), if moving with region movement: 4 (non minion player needs to tap a scout)
Special: A company moving with region movement can reveal this site as his new site if the last region is Rohan or Lamedon. Tap an orc at this site to take Come by Night upon Them from your discard pile to hand. Black Horse V may be played here (even if site is tapped). Characters may heal as if at a haven. If there is an overt company at this site and no character is wounded, all unique hero factions playable at sites in Rohan, Gap of Isen, Old Pukel-land, Anfalas, Lamedon and Anorien are worth 1 less MP. A company at this site may move to any site in those regions; the hazard limit is -2 (to minimum of 2). A hero company may move to this site if there is an overt company present.

Ash mountain deep V [-me_dh-]
Adjacent: Barad-dur (5) (non minion player needs to tap a scout), The Under-courts (5)(non minion player needs to tap a scout)
auto attack: Spawn (1st attack) - 2 strikes with 12 prowess; (2nd attack) Opponent may play any spawn, non-unique dragon or drake hazard creature from hand
Special: An overt company may discard (for no effect) a Strange Rations to play Wild Fell-beast with a character of 6 prowess or more that controlls no allies (even if site is tapped): it is considered an ally with 2 mind, 5 prowess and 7 body. If this card would otherwise be discarded, place it with company. Each character controlling a Wild Fell-beast may be in company with a Ringwraith controling Creature of an Older World and is considered in Fell Rider mode. If played with the company, this card is worth 2 mp's for each Wild-fell Beast. Company may move from this site to any site in Gorgoroth, Udun, Nurn, Dagorlad or Horse Plains. May be included in a Fallen Wizard's location deck.

Note that i keep the non minion clauses still
Or we could use the card Ash Mountains from TW set to create a hero version of the site
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

why would you keep the clause if they can't use the site? what would be the problem with non minions using the site? the hazard ally is not supposed to be of any type I suppose...

The thing with Memories/Ready is that on those cards are printed the actual new stats and you play that card on the ally, so the new stats are clear. But let's keep it Wild Fell Beast then.
marcos
Council Member

i kept it beucase i also added: "May be included in a Fallen Wizard's location deck."

I ment that FWs will still be able to use this site, but i'm not convinced about it
Nerdmeetsyou

Did I get this right.... that you are converting a Recource card into a site card???

or what exectly are you doing here?
marcos
Council Member

yes, you got it right
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

played a game with vastor, deck didn't really work out because he slashed me with elves, nevertheless I think White Mountain Caverns can work fine and is fun, with a few changes.

1) it should be in a region, in fact in two regions: Lamedon and Rohan. This makes it easier, we can leave out the movement part. Also the type must either be nothing or shadow/hold, otherwise you can't keep your orcs alive there. If nothing, then undead/pukel creatures should be keyable and non detainment, that's my preference.

2) Black Horse should not be playable here, but at borderholds in the mentioned regions, so you can tap those wose sites and burn them. Now the Gold Chains faction is playable here and you'll tap the orc for Come by Night so you won't want to play a horse here anyway, and besides it makes more sense.

3) It's difficult to use the movement inhancement over the mountains properly, and anyway if it's in both Lamedon and Rohan there's no need for that clause, but we could add that if you move to this site, you may tap an orc to move again (i.e. cross the mountains).

White mountain Cavern Ways V:
Region: Rohan, Lamedon
type: none
Adjacent: The Gem-deeps (0), Pukel-deeps (0). A covert company must tap a scout when this site is revealed.
Any undead or pukel creature may be played at this site and is non-detainment.
Special: Tap an orc at this site to take Come by Night upon Them from your discard pile to hand. Characters may heal as if at a haven. If there is an overt company at this site and no character is wounded, all unique hero factions playable at sites in Rohan, Gap of Isen, Old Pukel-land, Anfalas, Lamedon and Anorien are worth 1 less MP. Black Horse V may be played at Border-holds in these regions.
A hero company may move to this site if there is an overt company present.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I like the idea of the region being both Rohan and Lamedon. Very nice!
marcos
Council Member

if playtesting showed that it needs such changes then i agree with that :)

though i'd like the site to have a type...
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Site Type Ruins and Lairs and special of:

Only Undead and Pukel Creatures may be played keyed to this site, but any Undead and Pukel Creature may be played keyed to this site.
marcos
Council Member

i like it

Return to “Showcase”