[V] Memories recalled

marcos
Council Member

I'm back with a suggestion after a long time with a virtual one for real life play for those who can't afford a longbottom leaf:

[V] Memories recalled
Short event
Playable only if your playdeck has at least 5 cards. A character with 6 mind or more (or a wizard) at a site can tap to bring up to 2 cards from sideboard to playdeck and shuffle. Can't be included in a deck that contains any copy of longbottom leaf. Remove this card from the game.

I wanted to help those who can't afford a longbottom leaf and use to play virtual games in real life...

Opinions?
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Rather than "can't be included with Longbottom Leaf," say "may not be played if you have removed Longbottom Leaf from the game." It accomplishes the same thing since a player likely won't include both in their deck, but it's far easier to check the legality.
marcos
Council Member

in that case you could play memories recalled V first and then longbottom leaf for 8 sb cards... I think that is too much, i don't want both to coexist in the same deck because this one if for those who don't have access to Balrog cards...

What about:

"may not be played if you have removed Longbottom Leaf from the game and longbottom leaf may not be played if you have removed memories recalled from the game"
Leon

I do not think it is sensible to duplicate or nearly duplicate existing cards, even if they are very rare. In casual games and on internet people can also use proxies, so I do not see the need for this card.
marcos
Council Member

at tournaments, proxies are not allowed... and there are many people who really loves to play and can't afford very expensive cards, i think we should give such players a chance to compete with those who does have the chance to get some of the most rare cards in the game... Of course with this i don't mean to duplicate the entire balrog set, i just think the sb access that Lbottom Leaf gives is key for most of the hero decks
Leon

There is already the slightly weaker but somewhat more versatile Smoke Rings, which I often even prefer above Longbottom Leaf.

And if getting the expensive cards proves to be a hopeless problem for newer players, allowing proxies at tournaments would be an option as well.
marcos
Council Member

Leon wrote:There is already the slightly weaker but somewhat more versatile Smoke Rings, which I often even prefer above Longbottom Leaf.
of course but both smoke rings and lbottom leaf can coexist in a deck for optimal sb access...
And if getting the expensive cards proves to be a hopeless problem for newer players, allowing proxies at tournaments would be an option as well.
Of course, but that goes to the tournament organizer's will...

Return to “Showcase”