Biter and Beater!

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Permanent Event
All Hero Items give double their corruption points when controlled by a Minion character. May not be duplicated.

-- Meant to simulate somewhat the fact that enchanted hero items are often painful for creatures twisted by Sauron (i.e. Elven Rope burns Gollum, goblins hate to even look at Orcrist and Glamdring, etc.) and make Aiglos/Dragon Helm a riskier proposition.
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

Nice idea to take on the cheezy play of hero items. Do you think corruption would work though? unless you follow it up with other corruption cards, effects are usually small, and since you can't know beforehand if opponent plays these items, this is a sideboard card. Of course, so is Roving Eye...

On another note, if you don't like the look of something, wouldn't you be less tempted to run off with it? Technically speeking, these items should lower the minion's body, maybe that's an even more dangerous effect to them.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I was mainly thinking of it as a sideboard card for heroes, since it's a hero resource permanent event -- yes, you'd have to follow it up with a corruption check, but there's at least one at the end of the game, and 6 CPs from Aiglos is nothing to sneeze at.

The problem with the body is that minions play Aiglos at underdeeps dark-holds, where all attacks are detainment anyway -- forcing a body check on the character there is problematic to say the least.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

hi all,

funny thing I had the same idea for a dream card:

(No title yet) Hazard Perm-event

Playable on a overt minion bearing a hero item. One during the end-of turn phase the character faces a strike (cannot be canceled) with a prowess equal to twice the maximum marshalling point value (as printed on the item) plus the maximum prowess modification the item gives (body check are modified by +2 if the item is an armor or helmet). Keep this card with the item until it stored or transfered to a non-overt minion.

e.g. Dragon-helm would be a strike at 9 prowess with +2 to body checks, Aiglos would be a strike at 15

so maybe Biter and Beater should go along this way too ;)

mfg Nicolai
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

I avoided making it a hazard because I didn't want it to be yet another card solved by Voices of Malice.

Like that idea as a Dream Card, though. :)

Return to “Showcase”