Anyone else running for the CoE this (next) year?

jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

So far, I have only heard from Highwayman, Sfan and Sauron, as having interest in running for the CoE for next year. Anyone else running again? I wasn't planning on running, but I will do so if we only get 7 people to run (so I would fill the 8th to make a full council). Right now, we are 5 short though, which is a much larger problem.

I will also e-mail this out to everyone in case folks aren't checking the forums as much right now. For now, I'm going to set a May 1 deadline: if we don't have it worked out by then, we may have to look at some of the other options that we worked out in a previous session for what to do if we don't have enough people run.
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

Below is a list of everyone that I have heard from that is interested in running for the next session of the CoE. If your name is not on the list, and you would like to run, please PM me, respond to this thread or send me an e-mail ASAP. Currently it looks like we would have 7 people to fill 9 spots (including the Chairman, Mark, who is already elected). This means we would have to apply the amendment that was added to the charter in 2005. See the bottom for the specific amendment. I want to point this out so we know what will be needed if at least 1 more person does not run for the council. I am going to extend the date for nominations one last time, to May 9. If we don't have the minimum number by then, we will have to look at what to do next. I will also e-mail a link to this thread to the council members, but let's hold the discussion/comments on this forum. Thanks.

Candidates for election to the CoE, 2008 - 2009 session:

Piotr Rzenca
Stefan Fankel
Brian Min
Josh Hunholz
Joe Bisz
Wolfgang Penetsdorfer
EDIT: Bert Claessen
EDIT: Karsten Gerland

Chairman: Mark Alfano

Excerpt from CoE Charter:

* Amendment, passed 26 July 2005: If ten or more people run for election to the Council of Elrond, the size of the Council will remain nine. If nine or eight people run for election, the size of the Council will be decreased from nine members to seven members. If seven people or fewer run for election, the election will be postponed for two months. In that time the representatives of the active national councils and the members of the previous session will discuss how to continue (which might include modifying the constitution or even dissolving the Council of Elrond). For that matter each representative of the active national councils will receive one vote, as will each member of the previous session.

Return to “Misc Topics - Council of Elrond section”