chris cables site and the trading community

thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

some might have seen the short discussion at meccg.net about the inactivity of chris cables trading centre.
for more than half a year there was almost no activity there any longer. thats why ted badiuk started to think about creating a trading section at meccg.net. but it looks ike those in charge are not willing to have this happen. ted was quick to act and started his own thing: http://meccg.hyperboards.com/index.php

now, i really would like to avoid ANOTHER forum for something related to MECCG (which wouldnt be in the interest of the MECCG community). so i contacted ted to talk about it.
first, he didnt know about the COE forum. (what a shame!) thats why he didnt post his request here as well.
then, as ted told me, he already tried to get in contact with chris cable several times. even offered him support if needed. but he never got any reply.
ted told me that he forwarded new collectors to chris cables site, and later received a complant, cause chris never got back to this new collector (same thing also happened to me!).
so right now, i have a bad feeling when recommending chris cables site as THE trading centre.

i really think that we, as the COE, should step in here and take some actions.
first we need to know, what really happened to chris cable. is it a (contemporary) lack of time? or has he lost interest and motivation for whatever reason?
if chris cannot run his trading centre any longer, maybe someone else can step in? i really like the way the trading business is handled there.
if thats not an option: i suggest to start a trading section in the COE fourm.

by the way: i know ted badiuk for quite some time. we had lots of trades, and i really think he is a good guy, motivated and easy to get along!

now time for your 2 cents ...
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

does someone have the phonenumber of chris cable and is willing to speak with him about all of this?
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

I don't have his phone number, but he does tend to reply to my emails within a week of my sending them.

We should also keep in mind that he holds our treasury. I have no problem with this: he has been responsive about it every time I asked him about it. But if it worries people, we may want to ask him to remit the funds to someone else (who?).
http://www.alfanos.org
Sauron
Ex Council Chairman

Mark I would nominate you to hold the funds. You've organize many events and have done so much for the community. I don't know if you want the responsibilty for it, but I think that you would be an ideal canidate.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

any news here?

still no chance to get in contact with chris cable?

for one, he has the COE treasury. and we dont no anything about it.

then, his site - still the mekky for traders - has not been updated since ages. people have started to wonder about this (or already lost faith in it ...)

i think this is a very urgent issue ...
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

since almost a year now chris cable trading centre is no longer active. it looks like it is not possible to get in contact with him. did anyone try recently?? has anybody got a sign of life of him during the last few months??

now i really think that the MECCG community need a place for trading activity. and i also think that best place is within the COE. so why no opening our forum for this purpose? it could the same way as in the spanish communitys (look here: http://www.meccg.es/foro/viewforum.php?f=1)

what the absence of chris means for the COE treasury i dont know. i am sure we can trust chris cable, so i dont think its lost.

Return to “Misc Topics - Council of Elrond section”