Election 2007

zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

We should set up the election for 2007 soon....

I guess first thing to consider is who will be chairman next year. I nominate Wolfgang Penetsdorfer and Joe Bisz.
http://www.alfanos.org
Sfan
Ex Council Member

I second your nomination. ;)
Thrain II
Ex Council Member

I second the nomination of Wolfgang.

Thrain II
Admiral Thrain II, G.A.B. Gold, Silver and White Mithril Team Leader
melkor_morgoth75

Wolfgang for me as weel and Earendil if i had to name a couple :wink:

Off-topic -> Timo: how u doing mate??? I look forward to meet u at the castle and see you're fine !!!!

mm75
"In front of such powers and strengths, it seems a very little thing the story of some common humans, but really some of them were able to change and fight this world's fate".
(taken from "Shara") Marco Fregonari
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

ehm, are you serious, guys?? i don´t think i will be a good choice for president. due to some miscalculations at work i will be VERY busy for the next few months.

also, i really think Mark should be president for another session. there are so many projects in process right now, where he is in the middle of (and also was the starting point), so in my opinion it would be best to have some continuity here.

so: i nominate Mark Alfano for presidency.
melkor_morgoth75

Ehehehe, i just tried to push "the european" side (at least a "bit nationalist within our continent :D ) ... Mark is great of course :wink:

mm75
"In front of such powers and strengths, it seems a very little thing the story of some common humans, but really some of them were able to change and fight this world's fate".
(taken from "Shara") Marco Fregonari
Manuel
Council Chairman

I know I'm non-voting member, but if you want to hear my opinion, I'd say both are great for the job, but if Wolfgang says he's busy then Mark is a better bid (as long as he wants to) since he's doing quite fine right now.
Earendil

I think they are all very good names. I think the better solution will be a second year for Mark, anyway... :wink: :wink: :wink:

I have to announce I will not recandidate myself for the CoE. I think this would not be honest, since, as you of course have already noticed, I had absolutely no time since summer. I also had no time to help for some projects (first of all, Global Player List - GPL) which I like very much and in which I trust a lot.

So, I prefer to free up space for someone who has more time. I will stay here as representative of Italy (if the Italian guys still want me) and use the time primarily to make italian community and italian site meccg.it growing. I also would like to still help CoE, GPL and you nice guys. I hope to have the time to do so, but since I'm not sure, I prefer to be honest and give my seat to someone better than me.

Sincerely, Sergio.
"...And he said that if I had the cheek to make verses about Earendil in the house of Elrond, it was my affair. I suppose he was right"
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Thank you for your years of service, Sergio. I was just about to nominate your for chairman, too....

Do you know of any other Italian players who may run for your seat? It will be good to have a wide diversity of countries represented on the CoE, imo.
Thrain II
Ex Council Member

I have to announce I will not recandidate myself for the CoE. I think this would not be honest, since, as you of course have already noticed, I had absolutely no time since summer. I also had no time to help for some projects (first of all, Global Player List - GPL) which I like very much and in which I trust a lot.
As already mentioned weeks ago, I will not go for reelection again, for the same reasons Sergio described above. I wished I would have had more time to work on the projects such as global player list. But as usual in life, not everything goes as expected and some changes in my personal life did not allow me to spend the time I wanted to. I hereby apologize for my silence, especially after being elected Vice-Chair. As a consequence, I decided not to go for reelection. If time permits, I will support the global player list project as good as I can and stay as a representative of the global trader community in this great forum. Maybe I will join the CoE in 2008 again :D

Thrain II
Last edited by Thrain II on Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thrain II
Ex Council Member

BTW, of course I second the nomination of Mark Alfano for CoE President. Mark has done an amazing work, I can not remember another head of CoE being as active as he was. He truely deserves being trusted another year, and especially under consideration of the unfair behaviour by Wim he had to endure, I want to express my full support for what Mark is doing! We all knew Wim would not be silent if he recognized that CoE does a lot for MECCG and he is not a part of it. Mark, keep up the great work and don't be discouraged!

Thrain II
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Is there no one else who would be willing to be Chairman? I feel that I owe the community a chance to re-elect me (or not).
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

I nominate Kris, Stefan, Josh, Joe, and Charles to be chairman. Any seconds?.... :(
jhunholz
Ex Council Chairman

I meant to post this last night but time slipped away. If Mark doesn't want to run for chairman again, I'm willing to run for the position (if someone seconds me...I'm not going to second myself :)). I wanted to give others a chance to go for the position if they wanted to first, because I was chairman before Mark. But I do have the time this next year to contribute to the position, and would be glad to serve again if people want that.
Sfan
Ex Council Member

zarathustra wrote:I nominate Kris, Stefan, Josh, Joe, and Charles to be chairman. Any seconds?.... :(
I second your nominating but I have to exclude me. Sorry, guys!

Return to “Misc Topics - Council of Elrond section”