Global Player List

zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

I'll do this tomorrow, Sergio.
http://www.alfanos.org
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

I'm waiting to hear whether we can send a mass email, or whether we have to do it the old-fashioned way by PMing each member.
Earendil

zarathustra wrote:I'm waiting to hear whether we can send a mass email, or whether we have to do it the old-fashioned way by PMing each member.
PMing depends on the number of people who are members... Maybe it could be worth to have the e-mail list anyway: we can send a mass e-mail or prepare "customized" messages for the people of each nation.
"...And he said that if I had the cheek to make verses about Earendil in the house of Elrond, it was my affair. I suppose he was right"
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Looks like the answer is no.... :(
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

Looks like the answer is no....
any reason why not??

well, i already keep contacting all the new members at meccg.net. no reason not to give you text, if you are interested in:
hello MECCG-friend!

i try to get in contact with as many MECCG players as possible. it might be, that i already wrote you a similar message in the past (then sorry), but nicknames make it very difficult to remember.

now what is my purpose? there is more than just one ...

did you ever hear about Lure of MECCG? it´s the world´s biggest MECCG event, that takes place every year at a castle in germany. almost 150 players meet there from all over the world. interested? then have a look at www.lureofmeccg.org

also i am sending out a kind of newsletter; it´s not very regular but when there is something important to tell you, be sure you will get to know it in time (e.g. about big events such as Lure or Worlds and other useful stuff).

then i´d like to assist in creating possibilities of playing MECCG. i get in contact with many players all over the world, and so i can establish contact between players pretty easily. would be great, if you can give me your emailaddress for that purpose!

finally i just like to get in contact with other MECCG players myself. it´s great to be part of that community!

hope to meet and play you somewhere in furure!
bye
wolfgang (from austria)
of course the content of my pm is a little bit different to what we would like to send out. and while i got many replies, also many did not answer. so it may be worth to try to contact people once more, at least those, who didn?t answer already.
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

i just had a look in my pm-box at meccg.net.
i have to admit, that the replies were fewer than i remembered. there is still a very long list of messages in the outbox, meaning, that many, who are registered at meccg.net, are not reading these boards any longer.
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

any reason why not??
The meccg.net privacy policy: members will not be contacted en masse for any reason except technical-administrative. I guess that is the best way to get people to sign up, so, though it has a downside now, it's probably for the best.
Earendil

Oh well, let's do PM then. I will not be blocked by this, though getting the e-mail list would have been quicker.

BTW, Mark, could you tell me if a mass PMing is considered fair or not? I wouldn't like to be banned, you know :wink: :wink: :wink: , only because this time I'm trying to help the community spamming PMs.

BTW 2, It would be nice and easy to post a "sticky" on "general" meccg.net forum asking for volunteers to already submit us the names and e-mail addresses they know, and advising we will contact all by PM in any case. Is this a good idea?
"...And he said that if I had the cheek to make verses about Earendil in the house of Elrond, it was my affair. I suppose he was right"
Thrain II
Ex Council Member

I have just contacted all 60 MECCG traders at Mahasamatman to start collecting entries for the player database. I will continue my work by contacting all GAB members who trade ME within the next couple of days. For now I will only collect the incoming data sheets and forward them to Sergio later.

Thrain II
Admiral Thrain II, G.A.B. Gold, Silver and White Mithril Team Leader
Thrain II
Ex Council Member

Got the first replies, seems that people really appreciate our project! :-)

Thrain II
thorondor
Ex Council Chairman

now do we have a standardized text to send out?

i will start to send out messages nt before 8th may. i will be out of town till then, and it doesn´t make sense to contact people and then let them wait for an answer.
Earendil

I agree.

We should have a fine english text for:

- Chris' site player list
tips: a lot of them probably do not play any more, so we'll need asking them if they want to help us anyway giving e-mails they know.

- meccg.net
tips: these are probably more active players. Let's have a message in which
:arrow: we explain why we are doing this PM spamming
:arrow: we request help
:arrow: we BTW explain that CoE is still very active and we give the link to this site

- eBay
tips: we need a message in which we explain well about ourself and beg pardon for the spamming, asking for help and suggesting that the target could join the community, if he wish.

Please understand that I really need an help to write a message in proper english, in order to avoid any misunderstanding.

Thrain II
Ex Council Member

I have just contacted all Middle-earth traders at GAB who are NOT member of my team (about 100-150). Hell a lot of emails! ;-)

I have written my own template for Mahasamatman, GAB and TradeCardsOnline. I agree that we need different standard texts for meccg.net and Chris' Page.

Within the next days I will write an email to the members of White Mithril Team, ask Alejandro to translate that message to Spanish and post it to the new Spanish Forum.

Thrain II
zarathustra
Ex Council Chairman

Great work guys!

I will compose the English-language thing after this weekend if no one else has yet (ahem, cough cough).

Bit busy at the moment....

MRA
Thrain II
Ex Council Member

Only few people have replied to my email so far (about 15) but at least there are some I have never met before (and who were very interested in that project and what CoE is all about). It is hard to predict how many replies will follow during the next week. Once I have contacted all White Mithril Team members, there will be certainly more entries to add.

Thrain II

Return to “Council Business - Agenda Items”