Strider

Any rule erratum or clarification submission for the upcoming 2018 ARV should be posted here.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

STRIDER ‐ Warrior/Scout/Ranger Dúnadan (R) [MP: 3, Mind: 8; DI: 2, P/B: 6/9; Home Site: Bree]
Unique. Manifestation of Aragorn II. You may bring Aragorn II into play with Striderʹs company, removing Strider from the game and automatically transferring all cards on Strider to Aragorn II. +3 direct influence against the Rangers of the North faction. Tap Strider to search your discard pile for any one item, ally, or faction playable at his current site -- the site must be in Arthedain, Cardolan, Rhudaur, or The Shire.

His card text doesn't actually state to bring the card you search for to your hand. Thus I propose the following erratum:
STRIDER ‐ Warrior/Scout/Ranger Dúnadan (R) [MP: 3, Mind: 8; DI: 2, P/B: 6/9; Home Site: Bree]
Unique. Manifestation of Aragorn II. You may bring Aragorn II into play with Striderʹs company, removing Strider from the game and automatically transferring all cards on Strider to Aragorn II. +3 direct influence against the Rangers of the North faction. Tap Strider to search your discard pile for any one item, ally, or faction playable at his current site and if found, you may bring it to your hand. The site must be in Arthedain, Cardolan, Rhudaur, or The Shire.
Discussion topic can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3288
Thorsten the Traveller
Ex Council Chairman

why is the 'if found' necessary? what if you don't find it, how will you take it to your hand? seems redundant to me.

not that it matters much, because we are not actually reprinting a card, but since I do design cards for actual printing, I always like to keep text as lean as possible ;-)
you can make a case for card consistency, follow other cards by ICE, but since we are making alterations, we can also make improvements.
Stone-age did not end because man ran out of rocks.
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

Fair enough. Thanks for the input. :)

I amend my proposal to the following:
Unique. Manifestation of Aragorn II. You may bring Aragorn II into play with Striderʹs company, removing Strider from the game and automatically transferring all cards on Strider to Aragorn II. +3 direct influence against the Rangers of the North faction. Tap Strider to search your discard pile for any one item, ally, or faction playable at his current site. You may bring it to your hand. The site must be in Arthedain, Cardolan, Rhudaur, or The Shire.

Return to “2018 Annual Rules Vote - Submissions”