Hidden Ways

Any rule erratum or clarification submission for the upcoming 2018 ARV should be posted here.
Jose-san
Ex Council Member

I propose the following erratum be issued for this card (bold mine):

HIDDEN WAYS
Ranger only. Playable during the organization phase on an untapped ranger whose company will move. Tap the ranger. No
hazard creatures may be keyed by type to Wilderness against the rangerʹs company this turn.

Discused here:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2937

Because moving/not moving state is only defined during M/H phase.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Instead of "will move," I would say "has declared a new site."

"Will move" opens up possible confusion with cards that prevent movement.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
CDavis7M

Another useless errata? Seems like time not well spent.
Jose-san wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:53 am Because moving/not moving state is only defined during M/H phase.
That's not necessarily true. The rules already describe a company as being a "moving company" before the company "is moving."
6·MOVEMENT

At the beginning of its movement/hazard phase, a moving company's current site card becomes its site of origin-the company is considered to be en route to its new site card (i.e., the company is moving).
The "moving company's current site becomes its site of origin." The company is already a "moving company" before their current site card becomes their site of origin, before "the company is moving." This could be worded better but it's still right there in the rules on Movement.

Moreover, there really is no confusion on Hidden Ways since it is played during the organization phase. There are other resources played during the organization phase using the same terminology.

Return to “2018 Annual Rules Vote - Submissions”