Orc and Troll rules for Fallen-wizards

Any rule erratum or clarification submission for the upcoming 2018 ARV should be posted here.
CDavis7M

Re: Orc and Troll rules for Fallen-wizards

Post by CDavis7M »

NOTE - This thread is from the 2018 Annual Rules Vote

Errata was successfully voted - https://councilofelrond.org/forum/viewt ... 103&t=3532

I am posting now because there was a lot of discussion on trophies but no one seemed to mention:
CRF Rulings by Term - Trophies wrote:Trophies in Fallen-wizard companies give prowess and influence bonuses based on the MPs printed on the card.
It seems clear from this that Fallen-wizard companies were already able to take trophies despite specific FW rules allowing them to do so. Meaning, it is assumed that FW Orcs and Trolls operated similar to minion Orcs and Trolls. This is just further justification that the decision made was correct, in case this gets revisited later.
Last edited by CDavis7M on Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Re: Orc and Troll rules for Fallen-wizards

Post by Bandobras Took »

So, by the same argument, ICE felt that FW Companies are minion companies.
MELE, Trophies wrote:TROPHIES
If one of your minion companies defeats a creature, you may place the creature's card under the control of any Orc or Troll character that faced a strike from the creature's attack. This card is called a "trophy" and is treated as a minor item with zero corruption points.
Since Orcs and Trolls could take trophies, they must have been in minion companies all this time.

Boy, are the rules are a mess.
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

You probably aren't playing Fallen Wizards correctly. This prompted the backlash erratum that I will link to as soon as I notice it is officially posted. :)

Return to “2018 Annual Rules Vote - Submissions”