Ballot Item # 8 - We Have Come to Kill & Ringwraith Followers {clarification}

Cast your votes here for the 2018 Annual Rules Vote.

Which of the following are you in favor of?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:01 am

Option A: We Have Come To Kill MAY be used to bring in a Ringwraith follower.
66%
Option B: We Have Come to Kill MAY NOT be used to bring in a Ringwraith follower.
34%

Total votes: 50
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

INFORMATION
We Have Come to Kill
A character may be brought into play under general or direct influence at any Shadow‐hold [ [-me_sh-] ], Ruins & Lairs [ [-me_rl-] ], or
Border‐hold [ [-me_bh-] ]. This does not count against the one character per turn limit.
It is clear that We Have Come to Kill may not be used to bring in your Ringwraith (avatar). However, it is unclear whether or not this restriction applies to Ringwraith followers. This issue needs clarification.

In ICE digest # 585, the following question was asked and answered:
3.) We have come to kill

May I use this card to bring my ringwraith in play ? And what will be the amount of his mind ? May I use ACM at any time during my turn (during movement hazard phase to assign the new character a strike; will this increase the number of hazards) ? May I play a character (during organisaton phase) at any shadow-, borderhold and ruin & lairs also if the site is not in play ?

No, We have Come to Kill can't be used to bring in a Ringwraith. The same restriction applies that you must be at the site.
As also mentioned in the editorial comments of the URD, this question was asking if WHCTK can bring in your Ringwraith Avatar (just as the previous question asked by the same person was whether or not A Chance Meeting could bring in your Wizard).

As such, it remains unclear whether or not WHCTK can be used to bring in a Ringwraith follower.

BALLOT ITEM # 8:
Which do you prefer? Pick one.

WE HAVE COME TO KILL
Option A:
May be used to bring in a Ringwraith follower.
Option B:
May not be used to bring in a Ringwraith follower.

CONSEQUENCES OF YOUR VOTE:
If you vote for OPTION A, then We Have Come to Kill may be used to bring in Ringwraith followers.

If you vote for OPTION B, then We Have Come to Kill may not be used to bring in Ringwraith followers.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
Option A appears to allow for greater variety and dynamic gameplay. It is unclear, however, what larger impact this might have on the meta game. Several active tournament / play group organizers have stated they would currently allow play of a Ringwraith follower with WHCTK, however, the scenario rarely occurs.

REFERENCE TOPICS: viewtopic.php?f=143&t=3326

Return to “2018 Annual Rules Vote”