Creatures played as an automatic-attack (playabilty conditions)

Any rule erratum or clarification submission for the upcoming 2019 ARV should be posted here.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Re: Creatures played as an automatic-attack (playabilty conditions)

Post by Bandobras Took » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:17 am

Correct.
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

You probably aren't playing Fallen Wizards correctly. This prompted the backlash erratum that I will link to as soon as I notice it is officially posted. :)

Theo

Post by Theo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:25 am

Konrad Klar wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:23 pm
So (in your opinion) it is impossible to reveal the Fool of Froth and Rage placed as on-guard when a company enters The Under-grottos, because at the point no AA at this site is Spider or Animal attack?
Full of Froth and Rage does not have any targets, so it can be revealed (when affecting an automatic-attack), "before the automatic-attack is resolved." Playing a creature as the second automatic-attack must also be done before the automatic-attack is resolved. So one could play a Spider or Animal creature, instantiating the type of the attack, and then reveal Full of Froth and Rage which would modify it.
It is not our part here to take thought only for a season, or for a few lives of Men, or for a passing age of the world.

Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Post by Konrad Klar » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:01 am

Do you say that before facing each individual AA on-guard card may be revealed?
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

Theo

Post by Theo » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:33 pm

I realized I was conflating multiple definitions of "resolve", as well as "before". To your point, I wasn't remembering that here "before an" actually implies "before any", and furthermore "before any begin to resolve" (last chance is resource player declaring their intent to begin resolving).

I''m in agreement regarding impossibility of revealing on-guard Full of Froth and Rage at The Under-grottos.
It is not our part here to take thought only for a season, or for a few lives of Men, or for a passing age of the world.

Return to “2019 Annual Rules Vote - Submissions”