The Under-gates

Any rule erratum or clarification submission for the upcoming 2019 ARV should be posted here.
Khamul the Easterling
Council Member

The Under-gates

Post by Khamul the Easterling » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:55 pm

I propose the current parts of the Hero/Minion versions, being
Automatic-attacks (2):
Balrog (1st attack) -- 2 strikes with 16 prowess
(2nd attack) [...]
Special:
[Hero:] If Balrog of Moria is in play or if Durin's Bane has been defeated, the first automatic attack is canceled.
[Minion:] If a manifestation of Balrog of Moria is in play or defeated, the first automatic attack is canceled
be replaced by
Automatic-attacks (2):
(1st attack) If a manifestation of Balrog of Moria is not in play or defeated: Balrog -- 2 strikes with 16 prowess
(2nd attack) [...]
Special: ...
Reason: As I understand, if BoM is in play, the first AA does still exist, technically. One could argue that, e. g., Tidings of Bold spies could trigger a Balrog attack, as Tobs doubles the attack but not the cancelling effect.

Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Re: The Under-gates

Post by Bandobras Took » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:21 pm

There are also problems with Forewarned is Forearmed.

I would suggest rather "If a manifestation of the Balrog is in play or has been defeated (or eliminated), this automatic-attack is removed." Just to make it clear that there is no attack whatsoever, and to handle cases of character/ally manifestations, which technically are not defeated.
Remember, NetRep rulings are official. This does not necessarily mean they are correct.

You probably aren't playing Fallen Wizards correctly. This prompted the backlash erratum that I will link to as soon as I notice it is officially posted. :)

Return to “2019 Annual Rules Vote - Submissions”