Hidden Haven

Any rule erratum or clarification submission for the upcoming 2019 ARV should be posted here.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Hidden Haven wrote:Playable on a non-Dragon's lair Ruins & Lairs [-me_rl-] in a Wilderness [-me_wi-] , Border-land [-me_bl-] , or Shadow-land [-me_sl-] ; the site must normally be a Ruins & Lairs [-me_rl-] . The site becomes one of your Wizardhavens [W] and loses all automatic-attacks. Nothing is considered playable as written on the site card. If one of you companies is at this site, all attacks against it are canceled. Other Fallen-wizards may not use this site as a Wizardhaven [W]. Discard this card when the site is discarded or returned to its location deck. It cannot be discarded otherwise.
CRF, Rulings by Term, Site" wrote:A permanent-event played on a site affects only the copy of the site it is played on,
unless otherwise specified. A permanent-event not played on a site affects all versions
of affected sites.
Underline mine.
So: "Other Fallen-wizards may not use this site as a Wizardhaven [W]" does not prevent other Fallen-wizards from using their versions of this site as a Wizardhaven [W].

I propose the following erratum:
Hidden Haven wrote:Playable on a non-Dragon's lair Ruins & Lairs [-me_rl-] in a Wilderness [-me_wi-] , Border-land [-me_bl-] , or Shadow-land [-me_sl-] ; the site must normally be a Ruins & Lairs [-me_rl-] . The site becomes one of your Wizardhavens [W] and loses all automatic-attacks. Nothing is considered playable as written on the site card. If one of you companies is at this site, all attacks against it are canceled. Other Fallen-wizards may not use any version of this site as a Wizardhaven [W]. Discard this card when the site is discarded or returned to its location deck. It cannot be discarded otherwise.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
CDavis7M

I disagree that "Other Fallen-wizards may not use this site as a Wizardhaven [W]"" would not have effect against other sites. This is literally the entire point of that statement.

Also recognize that the proposal is relying on a "Ruling By Term" as somehow creating a contradiction that needs to be fixed. The proposal's author misunderstands how the CRF works.
CRF wrote:The Turn Sequence and Rulings by Term sections are specifically considered clarifications to the rules, and are therefore overridden by card text that specifically does so
Hidden Haven overrides the CRF on "sites."

Return to “2019 Annual Rules Vote - Submissions”