Magical Harp

Any rule erratum or clarification submission for the upcoming 2019 ARV should be posted here.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Magical Harp wrote:Unique. Hoard item. Tap Magical Harp to cancel all actions for the rest of the turn that discard target character in bearer's company. Bearer makes a corruption check. This item may also be so tapped during opponent's site phase. Then the dwarves themselves brought forth harps and instruments regained from the hoard, and made music to soften his mood...-Hob
CRF, Errata (Cards), Magical Harp wrote:Can be used at the Free Council.
Because at the Free Council there is no turn, an effect that has duration "for the rest of the turn" does not work.

To make Magical Harp's effect working at the Free Council, I propose the following erratum:

Unique. Hoard item. Tap Magical Harp to cancel all actions until end of turn that discard target character in bearer's company. Bearer makes a corruption check. This item may also be so tapped during opponent's site phase. Then the dwarves themselves brought forth harps and instruments regained from the hoard, and made music to soften his mood...-Hob

This change will cause that a duration of Magical Harp's effect during turn practically will not be changed, but at the Free Council will be set as practically infinite period.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
Vastor Peredhil
Council Member

no need for that, please check the Challenge deck Version of the card
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

I do not have a scan, nor original of the card.

If there is a variant of some card that includes changes other than ICE's errata, it is additional reason to make an errata for the card.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
CDavis7M

I was able to look at the Challenge Deck card. From the previous quote i have shown additions and deletions.
Magical Harp from Challenge Deck C wrote:Unique. Hoard item. Tap Magical Harp to cancel all actions for the rest of the turn that discard a target character in bearer's company. Bearer makes a corruption check. This item may also be so tapped during opponent's site phase or the Free Council.
Though I think I see your point and the Challenge Deck card still has the same issue.

But, if the point is to make the card clear, I think that the "end of turn" errata is less obvious as to the intended effect.

Still, if the card may be so tapped during the free council, then it must work, regardless of technicalities. There is no other way to interpret the card that still allows the words to have any meaning.

By the way, in the 1996 FAQ the Magical Harp could even be tapped at the "Council of Lorien." Pretty cool.
Magical Harp

Can be used at the Council of Lorien.

Return to “2019 Annual Rules Vote - Submissions”