Elven Cloak

Any rule erratum or clarification submission for the upcoming 2019 ARV should be posted here.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Elven Cloak wrote:Tap Elven Cloak to cancel one strike against bearer; the strike must be keyed to Wilderness [-me_wi-] . May not be duplicated on a given character. ...grey with the hue of twilight under the trees they seemed to be; and yet if they move, or set in another light, they were green as shadowed leaves, or brown as fallow fields by night...-LotRII

There are no strikes keyed to anything. There are strikes from attack keyed to something.

I propose the following erratum:

Tap Elven Cloak to cancel one strike against bearer; the strike must be from attack keyed to Wilderness [-me_wi-] . May not be duplicated on a given character. ...grey with the hue of twilight under the trees they seemed to be; and yet if they move, or set in another light, they were green as shadowed leaves, or brown as fallow fields by night...-LotRII
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
CDavis7M

Konrad Klar wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:20 am
Elven Cloak wrote:Tap Elven Cloak to cancel one strike against bearer; the strike must be keyed to Wilderness [-me_wi-] . May not be duplicated on a given character. ...grey with the hue of twilight under the trees they seemed to be; and yet if they move, or set in another light, they were green as shadowed leaves, or brown as fallow fields by night...-LotRII

There are no strikes keyed to anything. There are strikes from attack keyed to something.
This proposal is incorrect by its own incorrect rationale because attacks are not "keyed". It is creatures that are described as being "keyed."

Furthermore, the rules actually give an example of how Elven Cloak cancels strikes of a creature keyed to Wilderness. From the rules, it's understoof that strikes of a creature are keyed to the same region/type as the creature because the creature creates the attack that has the strikes.

Elven Cloak works. There's no need to make stuff up.
ElvenCloak.PNG
ElvenCloak.PNG (42.61 KiB) Viewed 744 times

Return to “2019 Annual Rules Vote - Submissions”