Farmer Maggot

Any rule erratum or clarification submission for the upcoming 2019 ARV should be posted here.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Farmer Maggot wrote:Unique. If one of your companies faces an attack while at a site in The Shire, Arthedain, or Cardolan, you may immediately replace its site card with another site card in The Shire, Arthedain, or Cardolan. (from your location deck). If your company takes this option, the attack is canceled and this card is discarded. 'Be off!' I said. 'There are no Bagginses here...but you can go by the road this time.'-LotRI
A phrase "the attack is canceled" may be interpreted as invoking an action "cancel" against a given attack (that does not work against an attacks that, for some reasons, cannot be canceled). It also may be interpreted as "the attack cannot be proceeded" (even if some attack cannot be canceled, it sometimes cannot be proceeded, e.g. company facing it has been eliminated).

To make Farmer Maggot being interpreted unambiguously in the second way I propose the following erratum:

"Unique. If one of your companies faces an attack while at a site in The Shire, Arthedain, or Cardolan, you may immediately replace its site card with another site card in The Shire, Arthedain, or Cardolan. (from your location deck). If your company takes this option, the attack stops being proceeded and this card is discarded. 'Be off!' I said. 'There are no Bagginses here...but you can go by the road this time.'-LotRI"
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.
CDavis7M

Though, maybe it was not intended to cancel attacks that cannot be cancelled.
Last edited by CDavis7M on Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

Use "the attack is discontinued" to describe the effect, if it's not an actual cancellation of the attack.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

To make Farmer Maggot being interpreted unambiguously in the second way I propose the following erratum:

"Unique. If one of your companies faces an attack while at a site in The Shire, Arthedain, or Cardolan, you may immediately replace its site card with another site card in The Shire, Arthedain, or Cardolan. (from your location deck). If your company takes this option, the attack is discontinued and this card is discarded. 'Be off!' I said. 'There are no Bagginses here...but you can go by the road this time.'-LotRI"
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

Return to “2019 Annual Rules Vote - Submissions”