Fallen-wizard – playability of different versions of the same site

Any rule erratum or clarification submission for the upcoming 2019 ARV should be posted here.
Shapeshifter
Ex Council Member

CRF, Rulings by Term, Fallen-wizard wrote:If any version of a site is in play or in your discard pile, you may not play another version of that site.
Strictly reading of this CRF would mean that you - as a Fallen Wizard - may not move to your opponent's current site with any of your companies if you have to use the same version of such a site. Thus making any CvCC, riddling games or influencing attempts on characters, allies and items in such cases impossible. Moreover, as Bandobras Took pointed out in this thread, this rule, as written, means that if my opponent has the minion version of White Towers in play, I as a FW can move to neither Hero White Towers nor FW White Towers. This cannot be intended.

My suggestion is to make the following change to the current CRF entry.
suggested change wrote:If you have any version of a site in play or in your discard pile, you may not play another version of that site.
This was also discussed here.
CDavis7M

Yup. That was clearly unintentional. But the CRF is just an extension of the original MEWH rule. If anything were to be changed, it would make more sense to change the primary rule in MEWH rather than the secondary rule in the CRF.
MEWH wrote:If your hero, minion, or Fallen-wizard version of a site is in play or in your discard pile, you may not use your minion (or hero) another version of the same site.

Return to “2019 Annual Rules Vote - Submissions”