People Diminished

Any rule erratum or clarification submission for the upcoming 2019 ARV should be posted here.
Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

People Diminished

Post by Konrad Klar » Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:36 pm

People Diminished wrote:Balrog specific. Playable during the site phase on an untapped Free-hold [-me_fh-] or Border-hold [-me_bh-] . Tap the site. The company faces 3 attacks (Men-4 strikes with 8 prowess, 3 strikes with 10 prowess, 2 strikes with 12 prowess). Following the attacks, tap a character or discard this card. If this card is not discarded, discard all unique factions playable at the site. -5 to each attempt against any faction at any version of this site. This site is never discarded and never untaps for you. Cannot be duplicated on a given site.
Currently the text of the card allows to tap after attacks any untapped character (at least any untapped character under control of player).

I propose the following erratum:

"Balrog specific. Playable during the site phase on an untapped Free-hold [-me_fh-] or Border-hold [-me_bh-] if you have a company here. Tap the site. The company at the site faces 3 attacks (Men-4 strikes with 8 prowess, 3 strikes with 10 prowess, 2 strikes with 12 prowess). Following the attacks, tap a character in the company or discard this card. If this card is not discarded, discard all unique factions playable at the site. -5 to each attempt against any faction at any version of this site. This site is never discarded and never untaps for you. Cannot be duplicated on a given site."
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

the Jabberwock
Council Chairman

Re: People Diminished

Post by the Jabberwock » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:19 am

What about Lord and Usurper? Doesn't it suffer from the same problems?

Interesting that the wording ICE chose for Invade Their Domain avoids all such problems.

RE: People Diminished / Tempest of Fire .... when would you not have a company present during the site phase if the associated site was in play? If some other effect is preventing such a site from being discarded?

Konrad Klar
Rules Wizard

Post by Konrad Klar » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:36 am

the Jabberwock wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:19 am
What about Lord and Usurper? Doesn't it suffer from the same problems?
Yes. I had hope that someone will make the errata proposal for it.
But all are lazy like me.
the Jabberwock wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:19 am
RE: People Diminished / Tempest of Fire .... when would you not have a company present during the site phase if the associated site was in play? If some other effect is preventing such a site from being discarded?
Yes.

Besides, even if you have a company here, original text does not precise that the company faces attacks.
We will not speak of such things even in the morning of the Shire.

CDavis7M

Post by CDavis7M » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:28 pm

The changes are more clear but I find it very unlikely that anyone would actually play a game with a person who presented this interpretation.

Return to “2019 Annual Rules Vote - Submissions”