Bring Our Curses Home + Ahunts

Any rule erratum or clarification submission for the upcoming 2019 ARV should be posted here.
the Jabberwock
Council Chairman

Re: Bring Our Curses Home + Ahunts

Post by the Jabberwock » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:41 am

Okay, so you are looking to overturn the previous NetRep rulings then. Thanks for clarifying.

So a hypothetical vote then would be essentially:

Should BOCH be allowed to be played on an Ahunt Dragon manifestation:
- Yes
- No

(You are in favor of it not being playable at all with Ahunts)

Theo

Post by Theo » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:58 am

I am looking to correct the previous CoE rulings. But that is not the vote I am proposing. I'm not sure how this was so confusing... :? See underlined portion:

"Bring Our Curses Home: If used on a hazard creature attack created by an event card, this will place the event card off to the side. However, Bring Our Curses Home will only cause additional attacks when the created attack in particular (not the event card) is playable."

I'd frame the vote more as:

"Is the creature attack created by Ahunts playable (for the purpose of BOCH)?"
- Yes; it should be considered playable whenever the condition that triggered its creation is satisfied. (CoE ruling)
- No; as a creature attack created by an effect, it is never itself "play"able. (literal interpretations)
It is not our part here to take thought only for a season, or for a few lives of Men, or for a passing age of the world.
Have I not earnestly studied this matter?
Look up "e.g." if e.g. you think that it is an all-encompassing list.

the Jabberwock
Council Chairman

Post by the Jabberwock » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:21 am

Theo wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:58 am
I'm not sure how this was so confusing... :?
Apologies. I'm trying to absorb 100 proposals at the same time, so sometimes I forget something I read, mis-read something, or don't understand in the moment what is being suggested. Please bear with me. I will ask direct questions when needed to save time, and I appreciate patience by yourself and others when this happens and I am asking about something that has already been mentioned.

I understand your position now, thanks.

Return to “2019 Annual Rules Vote - Submissions”