WITHDRAWN - Mathom Lore

Any rule erratum or clarification submission for the upcoming 2019 ARV should be posted here.
Sam.Gamdschie

Playable on a Hobbit at Bag End; tap the Hobbit. During organization phase, bearer may tap to choose a minor item from your play deck or discard pile to place into your hand. Reshuffle your play deck if it was used. Bearer makes a corruption check. [2 corruption points]
I have never seen this card usefully played. You must have a Hobbit at Bag End and tap him. Afterwards you can just search for minor items with bearer making a corruption check [-me_cc-]. That use is limited but additionally you get two (2) corruption points [-me_cp-] and no marshelling points.

My submission is to remove the corruption points (completely) from the card as an erratum.
Last edited by Sam.Gamdschie on Wed May 15, 2019 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Co-founder of the Hamburg Scenarios and Former Slave of Lure's Price Ceremonies
CDavis7M

I wrote some thoughts in a related thread: https://councilofelrond.org/forum/viewt ... 774#p30691
For Mathom Lore, I don't think a Hobbit squatting a Bag End is going to have any trouble with corruption even with 2CP. The alternative is a character squatting at a Haven with Cup of Farewell (which is from SB vs not-SB for Mathom). Cup of Farewell has 0 CP. But again, a Hobbit has bonuses to CC. I seem to see Cup of Farewell played more though. But Mathom could let you recycle Thror's Map.
My Conclusion: I don't think removing the CC will help playability much. If anything, I think it makes sense to remove the Race/site playability restrictions vs removing the CC. Removing the tapping to activate seems too powerful. And removing the CC is also powerful. Still, I'm not sure I'd support buffing weaker cards that still have some use in some cases (even if these are not tournament winning decks).
the JabberwocK
Ex Council Chairman

DECLINED due to author withdrawing submission.

(Note: I am locking this topic at this time for record-keeping purposes)

Return to “2019 Annual Rules Vote - Submissions”