The Under-gates

Any rule erratum or clarification submission for the upcoming 2019 ARV should be posted here.
Khamul the Easterling
Ex Council Member

I propose the current parts of the Hero/Minion versions, being
Automatic-attacks (2):
Balrog (1st attack) -- 2 strikes with 16 prowess
(2nd attack) [...]
Special:
[Hero:] If Balrog of Moria is in play or if Durin's Bane has been defeated, the first automatic attack is canceled.
[Minion:] If a manifestation of Balrog of Moria is in play or defeated, the first automatic attack is canceled
be replaced by
Automatic-attacks (2):
(1st attack) If a manifestation of Balrog of Moria is not in play or defeated: Balrog -- 2 strikes with 16 prowess
(2nd attack) [...]
Special: ...
Reason: As I understand, if BoM is in play, the first AA does still exist, technically. One could argue that, e. g., Tidings of Bold spies could trigger a Balrog attack, as Tobs doubles the attack but not the cancelling effect.
Bandobras Took
Rules Wizard

There are also problems with Forewarned is Forearmed.

I would suggest rather "If a manifestation of the Balrog is in play or has been defeated (or eliminated), this automatic-attack is removed." Just to make it clear that there is no attack whatsoever, and to handle cases of character/ally manifestations, which technically are not defeated.
The game is flawed, but this does not mean it cannot be loved.
CDavis7M

The original idea and with Brandobras's suggested fix make sense, but I don't know if it's really worth changing.

Return to “2019 Annual Rules Vote - Submissions”